Most Dangerous Cities in U.S.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
100 most dangerous cities in the USA America states 10 20 50

Has anyone ever been to any of the real rough parts of any of these cities? I remember when i was heading through Indiana and we were just a little outside Gary. So we stopped at a gas station and asked the clerk where some hotels were in Gary. The guy said you don't want to stay in Gary keep driving:confused:. I've also seen St. Louis rated number 1 I didn't know it was that bad.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
First of all, I can't believe Kansas City is on there. Anyways i've been through Gary, St. Louis, Minneapolis and many pthers, and I can't say I have really feared for my life. I guess the only city i've been a little worried, is on the west end of Chicago. However you won't have any problems as long as you don't act like a ignorant suburbian white boy who appears scared. It's like when you first meet a dog, you don't want to act scared other wise it might bite you in the ***.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I can't believe Minneapolis is that high. Totally surprising.

I live in Durham, NC, and it's not as bad as its reputation. That said, there are plenty of areas in town where I won't go at night. I like driving around the rough parts of town just to see what its all about, and there are some scary sections of this city.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I've been to North Little Rock and West Memphis.

We stayed overnight in West Memphis for my first National Guard convoy for AT. The shower facilities were three blocks away from the church we were staying at (turned out the armory was condemned), and we were strongly advised to travel in large groups.

North Little Rock has one of my favorite restaurants from years past, Doe's Eat Place, where they serve steak family style, by the pound. Food was great, but you didn't really want to walk aimlessly through the area.

I would guess that the neighborhood around our hotel in Jamaica was not the best, given all the beggars and such floating around. We were advised that night might not be our best time, especially with only a handful of Americans in the area at the time.

I agree. You just act smart, not scared, and you're fine. If you're scared, you're in trouble.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
First of all, I can't believe Kansas City is on there. Anyways i've been through Gary, St. Louis, Minneapolis and many pthers, and I can't say I have really feared for my life. I guess the only city i've been a little worried, is on the west end of Chicago. However you won't have any problems as long as you don't act like a ignorant suburbian white boy who appears scared. It's like when you first meet a dog, you don't want to act scared other wise it might bite you in the ***.

Well, it is a pretty extensive list, even Des Moines and Davenport are on there. Surprised Iowa ****** isn't on there... but I guess I.S. is only dangerous for parking ramp gates.

And as far as Kansas City goes, I was about a block away from a rolling gun battle in Westport one night, it's definitely got its share of problems...

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
I do like to check out the bad parts of the city, maybe because I'm a adrealine junky. For instance when I was in NYC, I wish I could have checked out where the movie Good Fellas was based out of, to bad the people I was with were to chicken.

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
You can act with all the bravado and confidence you want on the west side of Chicago....if you are melanin-deficient you will get a brick thrown at your head. Not safe. I challenge even the do-gooders to try and walk down California West.

Paris has some interesting social problems in its suburbs that you will not here reported on by America's hard-hitting beat reporters. Coming to a city near you soon......

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
That looked like a very well researched site.... :jimlad:

Minneapolis has to be one of the safer major cities in the country. Honestly, I think the East side of Des Moines is as bad as anywhere there.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I can't say that I've driven through the bad parts of New Orleans. I don't exactly go looking for them though.

The thing that amazes me are the number of murders/homicides down here. If a day goes by without a homicide being reported in the paper I am surprised. It's bad down here. About a month or two ago, they had a shooting straight out of GTA or something. Car chase with a guy standing up in the sunroof firing at a car he was chasing. At 1 PM on a sunday. Absolutely nutty.

bballisu11

Apr 12, 2006
Ames
Certain parts of Minneapolis can get scary late at night. The place I was the most scared to be in was the south side of Chicago

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008

Minneapolis has to be one of the safer major cities in the country. Honestly, I think the East side of Des Moines is as bad as anywhere there.

I agree, the east side of Des Moines is a piece, same goes with the northside.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I forget what city in California this was, but one of my soldiers was almost shot at a 7-11 one night while we were racing him to the San Francisco Airport to get home due to a Red Cross emergency message.

We stopped for a quick restroom break. I was the last guy buying stuff. Everyone else is outside, and I hear gunfire. So I head out, because I definitely want to be with my guys if something is happening.

Someone had tried a drive-by and missed their target, who was standing there yelling at the departed car to give it another try.

Strangely enough, that 7-11 didn't have a restroom, it turned out. Our emergency guy was thinking of sneaking behind their dumpster, but the gunfire encouraged him to limit his options.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA

ha it was one of the first search results on Google, but it's on the internet so it has to be true:jimlad:

spanny

Jun 17, 2006
Grimes
When I was a little kid, my fam went on vacation to St. Louis. I remember my dad coming in the hotel lobby or something and asking my mom if she moved the car. She said no, dad went to where it was and found some glass, it got stolen. But the greatest travesty of all was that me and my sisters brand new stuffed animals were in the car!

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
When I was a little kid, my fam went on vacation to St. Louis. I remember my dad coming in the hotel lobby or something and asking my mom if she moved the car. She said no, dad went to where it was and found some glass, it got stolen. But the greatest travesty of all was that me and my sisters brand new stuffed animals were in the car!

Did you guys catch the low lifes who stole it?

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
I stayed in Tucson by the airport the other night and heard sirens all night long. The drug cartels are using Tucson as a distribution point and its rough. I drove about four blocks from my hotel and it was gang banger heaven. graffiti everywhere, lots of groups of people standing on the corners drinking forties, houses with torn off doors and broken windows and beater cars everywhere. I went into the store and grabbed some beer and I swore I was in another country.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
Ever heard of the broken window theory? I learned about it in one of my criminal justice classes, if the government would really want to clean up the so called " bad areas" they could if they wanted to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron