Mann will transfer

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
After watching Lucca struggle through the Big 12, Boozer's hustle and energy was a welcomed sight off the bench. Plus, he has a Big 12 body. He's one of the rare ones on the roster who can make that claim.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
KG, not a huge lovefest for Booz just didnt think he got a fair shake this year
Not saying he is transferring but where do you expect his fair shake to be next year? I expect Gilstrap, Lucca, Boozer: in that order at the 3....and no where at the 2.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
He is active on the floor. Watch the Sweet 16 this weekend, and you'll see why that's a good thing. Perhaps if he played more, his stats would be better???
Id say...if he was in there for Haluskas time...his stats would of been WAY up

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
After watching Lucca struggle through the Big 12, Boozer's hustle and energy was a welcomed sight off the bench. Plus, he has a Big 12 body. He's one of the rare ones on the roster who can make that claim.

Lucca made 2 threes or more in 11 Big 12 games. Did he struggle? Yes but he did OK for it being his first year in the Big 12, not having a true PG who could drive to the lane, and being hobbled by injury

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Lucca made 2 threes or more in 11 Big 12 games. Did he struggle? Yes but he did OK for it being his first year in the Big 12, not having a true PG who could drive to the lane, and being hobbled by injury

Lucca also had a stretch in Big 12 play where he was held under double figures 10 of 11 games, including quite a few of games where he was held with 5 or fewer points. For a starter known for his offense, that's a pretty big struggle.

He finished strong and will be fine before leaves. I just wish Boozer would have taken more of his minutes during that rough stretch, that's all.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Maybe Lucca could be a little more fearless and aggressive in driving to the hoop, going after rebounds, loose balls, taking charges, playing tight defense, and so on. I mean, the guy's 6'5" 220.
Alison Lacey and Heather Ezell play more physical than he does. That just ain't right...

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
why the lovefest with Lucca, kg? Have you seen him play?
Lucca definitely needs to work on defense and rebound....Lucca stretches the defense. I know Boozer hustles and hits the offensive glass which people enjoy watching(check the stats, rebounding is not as good as people think)...Whatelse does he bring?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Lucca definitely needs to work on defense and rebound....Lucca stretches the defense. I know Boozer hustles and hits the offensive glass which people enjoy watching(check the stats, rebounding is not as good as people think)...Whatelse does he bring?

Heart!

I'm a big Captain Planet fan.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Heart!

I'm a big Captain Planet fan.
I agree. Boozer at least plays with some passion. You need guys like that on your team. IMHO Lucca absolutely didn't deserve to be in the starting lineup at the end of the year. I don't know how many times opposing teams drained threes because Lucca was late contesting the shot. If Lucca isn't making shots he really doesn't bring much to the table.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I agree. Boozer at least plays with some passion. You need guys like that on your team. IMHO Lucca absolutely didn't deserve to be in the starting lineup at the end of the year. I don't know how many times opposing teams drained threes because Lucca was late contesting the shot. If Lucca isn't making shots he really doesn't bring much to the table.

True...BUT we were struggling to find points...Who gives us more points Lucca or Boozer? Boozer's defense is no better than Lucca's.