KXNO Sports Fanatics

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Just ragging on the crowd and ref whining.

To be fair, later on he did say the crowd was helpful to help ISU get out of lulls.
But he was okay with the fans at Iowa throwing full beer cans on the field after the correct call.

He and Travis both should have been fired for saying they almost were going to root against Iowa State against Kansas State just because some ISU fans were posting mean things about Iowa.

He has always been a Iowa fan first and foremost and this proves it. A great win and he has to come up with that crap.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

To be fair, later on he did say the crowd was helpful to help ISU get out of lulls.
What’s wrong with the crowd? Was 60% during a blizzard. Carver hasn’t seen that big of crowd in a while, minus when the Clones play over there. And who was whining about refs?

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
But he was okay with the fans at Iowa throwing full beer cans on the field after the correct call.

He and Travis both should have been fired for saying they almost were going to root against Iowa State against Kansas State just because some ISU fans were posting mean things about Iowa.

He has always been an Iowa fan first and foremost and this proves it. A great win and he has to come up with that crap.
What bothers me most is how clearly fake he was with Chris on their show. He sucked up to ISU all the time but as soon as he had a hawk guest it was back to being so condescending. It’s also laughable how he always called Chris much more of an ISU fan than he was an Iowa fan. No Chris just knew more because he did/does the work.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

The crowd was pretty much full, in a raging blizzard. All the tickets were sold.

All conference games have sold out. Iowa won't have a single sellout all year.

• Winner
Reactions: Ankency

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

He has always been a Iowa fan first and foremost and this proves it. A great win and he has to come up with that crap.

Not only throwing full beer cans, but some of those injured people... including members of their cheer team.

But that's perfectly okay... because the DeJean call screwed over Iowa... even though it was totally the correct call, and nobody with any knowledge at all regarding the call has said it was the incorrect call. Iowa received no apologies from the B1G, or anyone else, because it was clearly the correct call.

But ISU fans are terrible!!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

story-pic.jpg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I’m surprised they are even discussing our men’s team beating #2. Haven’t they heard that CC is on a box of crappy Hy-Vee cereal with a giant spoon attacking her?

Reactions: CyDegen

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Drive hit high point with Fran interview now we are having a prolonged Harry Potter discussion. Also Heather talked about not hearing about Iowa and ISU cancelling classes when both are still on winter break. wow just wow
That's poor journalism, right there.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Ross made it all but 7 minutes before bashing ISU fans.....pretty good for him!
What was he saying about the ISU fans? Cheering too loud? Showing up to games despite bad road conditions?

Reactions: CapnCy

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006

I was at the game and I don't remember the crowd getting on the officials much. Odd thing to say considering their idol's antics towards refs and the 'play of the year' taken away by refs, which is still being mentioned.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I was at the game and I don't remember the crowd getting on the officials much. Odd thing to say considering their idol's antics towards refs and the 'play of the year' taken away by refs, which is still being mentioned.
Yeah, was at the game too and i think it actually was LESS "official riding" than most nights. It was a wrestling match type game and at times it was a clear foul...but then other times when rough the refs didn't call (let them play) unless someone ended on the floor.

As other have said, given the blizzard definitely not full (and no student section), but i heard players say it definitely sounded full....and seriously, ANY hawk fan critiquing attendance/fans at ISU bball should realize how silly they sound.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Please tell me what fans in the country don't ride the officials during a home game? Happens everywhere folks.

Except in Carver I guess... but that's because nobody is there... or they are too busy chomping on the free pizza and nachos they were given to even show up.

• Agree
Reactions: BigTurk

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The crowd was pretty much full, in a raging blizzard. All the tickets were sold.

All conference games have sold out. Iowa won't have a single sellout all year.
He didn't say anything bad about the crowd. He did go on a bit about ISU fans constantly complaining about the refs.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Were these bozos actually in Hilton? I didn’t hear much riding the refs on TV although I didn’t have the volume up very high. I doubt they have ever even been in Hilton except when the Hawks go there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron