KXNO Sports Fanatics

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Were these bozos actually in Hilton? I didn’t hear much riding the refs on TV although I didn’t have the volume up very high. I doubt they have ever even been in Hilton except when the Hawks go there.
Yes, they both talked about games they've been to at Hilton and how great the fans are and how unbelievably loud it gets. I'm listening now and it's basically a Hilton love fest.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah, was at the game too and i think it actually was LESS "official riding" than most nights. It was a wrestling match type game and at times it was a clear foul...but then other times when rough the refs didn't call (let them play) unless someone ended on the floor.

As other have said, given the blizzard definitely not full (and no student section), but i heard players say it definitely sounded full....and seriously, ANY hawk fan critiquing attendance/fans at ISU bball should realize how silly they sound.
I was the only one of 4 in my group that went. I even ran out of people to call to give tickets to, one was pushing snow but another was too lazy to leave the house though I was going right by. The weather made it a tough trip.

Reactions: carvers4math

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Please tell me what fans in the country don't ride the officials during a home game? Happens everywhere folks.

Except in Carver I guess... but that's because nobody is there... or they are too busy chomping on the free pizza and nachos they were given to even show up.
Or knitting.

Reactions: clonedude

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Last edited:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Who TF is this idiot they had on this morning? B12 is 5th best BB conference.
Being discussed here as well

BetFred segment starts at about the 26:30 mark

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
We do complain about the refs. It's part of Hilton Magic. I don't know why we should give a **** when others ***** about it. They can do it too.
Yep every place does it. AFH, Cameron Indoor, exc. It can make a difference. And honestly, the only time the fans really got on the refs was when that guy took a shot at Jones head. And rightfully so.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Yep every place does it. AFH, Cameron Indoor, exc. It can make a difference. And honestly, the only time the fans really got on the refs was when that guy took a shot at Jones head. And rightfully so.
Could TJ have asked for or demanded a review?

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Between his bankruptcy and nasty divorce Ross is becoming a grumpy middle-aged *****.
Did not know about this and it's not really my business, but it seems like maybe radio isn't the only thing he's not cut out for?

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Guess that shows how much I've listened to Ross since CW quit KXNO. I had no clue about either. He would talk about his wife a lot.
Same. Fanatics was a pretty listenable show and I was fine tuning in on my 20 minute commute home. IowaEverywhere filled that local sports void since KXNO seems to be more entertainment radio on a sports station.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Guess that shows how much I've listened to Ross since CW quit KXNO. I had no clue about either. He would talk about his wife a lot.
I haven't listened to KXNO much at all the past few months. The morning show is juvenile humor at best and glosses over most of the topics I want to hear about. The afternoon show is boring to listen to. I can't listen to a sports radio show if they have David Eickholt as a regular guest.