Any P90X Users?

CyorDie

Jan 3, 2008
Waukee
Just started the P90X DVD's on Monday and got to admit that it is kicking my butt so far. I hadn't worked out in the past 4 months and with warm weather coming soon, I thought I'd give it a try. Two days into it and I am sore all over my body.

Just wondering if anyone else is using it right now or have ever tried it? Love to know what your thoughts are with the end results after the 90 days.

Reactions: 247cy

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just started the P90X DVD's on Monday and got to admit that it is kicking my butt so far. I hadn't worked out in the past 4 months and with warm weather coming soon, I thought I'd give it a try. Two days into it and I am sore all over my body.

Just wondering if anyone else is using it right now or have ever tried it? Love to know what your thoughts are with the end results after the 90 days.

My brother-in-law uses P90X - don't have any pics, but the results speak for themselves.

My wife and I use P90, which in itself kicks some pretty good tail as well (just doesn't go through the whole "muscle confusion that P90X does). One of these days when I finally cut the weight that I need to I'd like to bump up to P90X.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Wow, what a coincidence... I literally just started this last night! I'm freakin sore today!

cyQlone

Feb 16, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I bought it last fall, used it for a week and was soo sore. I just pulled them out again 2 days ago and am determined to complete all 90 days. It's the eating that gets me...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
What kinda program is this?

Depends on the day, as it focuses on specific muscle groups. For P90X, you have one day that's straight cardio, one day that is back and biceps, one day that is abs, one day that is yoga, one day is kempo, etc. And it's never the same routine - each workout gets mixed up so your muscles never know what is coming - thus the term "muscle confusion." You can't get set into a bored routine because your muscles just can't get on one. The result is you end up getting ripped fast.

P90 is a less intense version and without the muscle confusion - one day is straight cardio and abs, the next day is sculpting. For P90, Phase 1/2 is about half an hour, Phase 3/4 is 45 minutes.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Yes and we love it. We're doing some other stuff now and will also get back to it this summer. Just trying to mix it up a bit.

CyorDie

Jan 3, 2008
Waukee
I did plyometrics last night and actually really enjoyed it. A lot of squatting and jumping. Some of the sets reminded me of conditioning for basketball in HS.

lennon3

Apr 11, 2006
I did it about a year ago... I only got about 40 days in then I got too busy with class and work but the results were definitley visable after just 40 days. Also at the beginning it seems like your going to die but after a week or two you can tell a huge difference in doing the workouts.

CyorDie

Jan 3, 2008
Waukee
I can't do 1 pull-up so I guess you can count me out.

One great thing about the DVD's is they show you three ways to accomplish a particular set of pulls up. You can use resistance bands and sit on the floor or even put one foot on a chair for assistance.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I can't do 1 pull-up so I guess you can count me out.

I had this same issue for the longest time. If you actually try every day or every other day, youll be surprised how quickly your muscles respond. In a month you will probably move up a ton on how many you can do. My upper body strength is not great. Im more of a leg strength guy, but I pushed myself to be able to do pull ups and was very surprised.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
From everything I've read it sounds like this is a great program with great results. My problem is that I couldn't see myself doing this for the rest of my life. I see it as something similar to people that do the Farrells thing. it usually goes something like this:

Friend tells me he's going to do Farrells

I see him a couple of months later and he looks very fit

I see him about 6 months later and he's fat again

I find that I have to really like what I'm doing to stick with it. I used to play racquetball down at the Y for a couple of years and that never felt like a chore.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I used it for 6 weeks straight, saw great results, then had a baby on Dec.12th. I just started over again on monday and it is absolutely killing me again.

My advice. Don't skip the yoga. You will be amazed how sore you are after that. The first 2-3 times you do it, it SUCKS! Stick with it though, it's very beneficial and probably my favorite workout now. I never thought I'd say that about yoga.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
From everything I've read it sounds like this is a great program with great results. My problem is that I couldn't see myself doing this for the rest of my life. I see it as something similar to people that do the Farrells thing. it usually goes something like this:

Friend tells me he's going to do Farrells

I see him a couple of months later and he looks very fit

I see him about 6 months later and he's fat again

I find that I have to really like what I'm doing to stick with it. I used to play racquetball down at the Y for a couple of years and that never felt like a chore.

That's why you do it before summer. Who gives a crap what you look like the rest of the year. :wink:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Is there alot of over your head stuff? My main problem with these do it at home things is that I can't fully extend over my head with the 8 ft ceilings... I was thinking of maybe trying p-90x this summer and doing it all outside...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Is there alot of over your head stuff? My main problem with these do it at home things is that I can't fully extend over my head with the 8 ft ceilings... I was thinking of maybe trying p-90x this summer and doing it all outside...

I have this problem with yoga. Alot of the arms over the head stuff kills me in our basement.