What do you think of Caitlin Clark?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

What is your perspective about Caitlin Clark?

• Team Steph. I am at least somewhat supportive of her because she is so good for women's sports.

Votes: 128 33.7%
  • Team Alisa. I don't care about Caitlin Clark because she is a Hokeye.

Votes: 232 61.1%
  • Team Steph/Alisa. Please explain how you reconcile these two apparently mutually exclusive options.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I hope all of you “this is so great for the game” folks are enjoying this. I’m seeing a whole lot of “this is one of the greatest wins in Iowa history”. I don’t know how to break it to you but we are in direct competition with that athletic department in a state of 3 million people.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I hope all of you “this is so great for the game” folks are enjoying this. I’m seeing a whole lot of “this is one of the greatest wins in Iowa history”. I don’t know how to break it to you but we are in direct competition with that athletic department in a state of 3 million people.

Evrn if their women's team was bad Iowa would have the upper hand for ADs, branding etc.

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
We are talking about one sport....think we are doing pretty good on the other fronts.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
This is women’s basketball. While entertaining to watch every now and again, it doesn’t move any sort of “needle” within the athletic department. Half the fans will forget the team exists by August.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Isu wbb will be just fine. And will continue to be top 3-5 in attendance every year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

If we don't like them getting all the attention this march we should probably try not getting both teams upset in the first round.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Wonder what Fennelly thinks after seeing Iowa reach the National Championship game. Does anyone know how close ISU was to getting Clark? Always thought she would end up at Notre Dame.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I hate the Hawks as much as anyone, but at some point you just gotta tip your cap and respect greatness. She’ll go down as the best women’s basketball player in history when it’s all said and done. Don’t care for some of her on court antics but she is incredible

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
She’s special, I mean really, really special. If she only has a great game, say 25 and 5, the Hawks get blown out by 20. But she had another epic game and her team won. Tip your cap.

Besides, if the Clones beat the Hawks in football and men’s basketball then who really cares how well the Iowa women’s team does? Same with wrestling.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They were playing a lot of triangle and 2. I think there was only one perimeter player that they even cared to guard. I'm guessing that is why it looked that way.
Makes you wonder how South Carolina rose to the level that they had risen to. No shooting just bully ball

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I didn’t say anything about ISU WBB. My comment was directed at Iowa State fans celebrating Clark and Iowa.

If you can’t put the rivalry aside for a few games and at least appreciate what Caitlin Clark is doing for the women’s game right now, I don’t know what else to say.

It sucks that she plays for our main rival but she’s playing on a level that transcends the university she represents. They wouldn’t have gotten this far without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.