What do you think of Caitlin Clark?

What is your perspective about Caitlin Clark?

• Team Steph. I am at least somewhat supportive of her because she is so good for women's sports.

Votes: 128 33.7%
  • Team Alisa. I don't care about Caitlin Clark because she is a Hokeye.

Votes: 232 61.1%
  • Team Steph/Alisa. Please explain how you reconcile these two apparently mutually exclusive options.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
Not sure what she's like otherwise but Iowa gave the SC backcourt the Lipsey treatment for good reason.
Yeah can't say I've watched any other game of theirs, but she wasn't even helping on other players while sagging 10 feet off, just kinda stood in no man's land the whole time. Could be what they asked her to do though

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah can't say I've watched any other game of theirs, but she wasn't even helping on other players while sagging 10 feet off, just kinda stood in no man's land the whole time. Could be what they asked her to do though
They cannot afford to lose her so I am guessing that was the game plan. Just sit in the lane and clog it up and don't pick up fouls

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
They were playing a lot of triangle and 2. I think there was only one perimeter player that they even cared to guard. I'm guessing that is why it looked that way.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

She was physical early and denied the ball to Boston really well early. When she picked up #2, couldn't risk it as much.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Weird how no Iowa fans gave a s**t about WBB for decades and decades when the ISU women were clearly the best in the state nearly every year.

Now they act like they’ve always been huge WBB fans. Funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 1776 and CyDude16

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Absolutely cannot stand anything about the hoks…but dang, kinda hard to hate on C. Clark. She played an incredible game and they knocked down one of the best teams in basketball in the past few years. Congratulations to C. Clark on an amazing performance.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This is the first game I have really sat down and watched her play, have to say, she is an unbelievable talent. She was hitting shots most kids would never attempt, and if you sucked up too her, she very quickly dished it too the flashing screener.
What really surprised me was how many times she used her speed to turn the corner and get a layup.

Was really disappointed in S. Carolina, great rebounding team, but poor shootings, and their coach just sat there, figuring that they would out athlete the Squawks and beat them. That lose is on her more than anyone.

Looks like you have to let Clark get her's, which is going to anyway and not allow her to give and go for easy layups to the big girl. It will be interesting to see if Milkey sees it the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron