*** Official #8 Kansas vs #13 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I think it was Fran that pointed out that Robert isn't keeping his eyes on the rim when he shoots those. Not sure if that is it, or if he is just rushing a bit too much.
Good observation by Fraschilla.

For a person watching on TV, he definitely gets hurried up. But he's not the quickest off the floor, so he's probably trying to beat the shot blocker.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good observation by Fraschilla.

For a person watching on TV, he definitely gets hurried up. But he's not the quickest off the floor, so he's probably trying to beat the shot blocker.

Holmes and Grill do too. Grill's not quite Nader level of wondering how a fast break is going to turn out but it definitely looks like he starts thinking hard on the approach to the basket.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
You don’t agree with the strategy that has is second in the conference and ranked 11 nationally? LOL.

Do I like our preparation? Yes. Do I like ours staffs ability to find and assimilate parts? Yes. Do I like the brand of team basketball we play, in terms of defense, rebounding, and general offensive structure? Yes. Do I think this staff has done a marvelous job on the overall? Absolutely.

That doesn't mean I should compromise my objectivity, put on my Bob Ross wig, and paint happy trees. The persistence with which they insist on playing a consistently negative impact player is astounding. The inability for many to comprehend one can be equally ecstatic with the coaching staff's overall performance while dismayed with the handling of Jones is maybe moreso.

It's not one or the other, it's both. In this case it's the repetitive nature with which they make the same mistake over and over again despite the film and advanced metrics to suggest playing Bob is usually a very bad decision. I'd love for someone bring up the metrics, his Big 12 performance, and ask the staff these very questions in a presser but that will never happen..

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Do I like our preparation? Yes. Do I like ours staffs ability to find and assimilate parts? Yes. Do I like the brand of team basketball we play, in terms of defense, rebounding, and general offensive structure? Yes. Do I think this staff has done a marvelous job on the overall? Absolutely.

That doesn't mean I should compromise my objectivity, put on my Bob Ross wig, and paint happy trees. The persistence with which they insist on playing a consistently negative impact player is astounding. The inability for many to comprehend one can be equally ecstatic with the coaching staff's overall performance while dismayed with the handling of Jones is maybe moreso.

It's not one or the other, it's both. In this case it's the repetitive nature with which they make the same mistake over and over again despite the film and advanced metrics to suggest playing Bob is usually a very bad decision. I'd love for someone bring up the metrics, his Big 12 performance, and ask the staff these very questions in a presser but that will never happen..

Well, I'm glad you're the only objective one. Congrats on your milestone.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Some people just can't live unless they're unhappy all the time, seek professional help.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We need one of those multi-paneled memes - who he thinks he is, who his mom thinks he his, etc.

South Park Nerd GIFs | Tenor

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Well, I'm glad you're the only objective one. Congrats on your milestone.

Never said or implied such. I've simply responded to ridiculous assertions with facts backed up by stats, metrics, and referencing multiple game situations. For whatever reason people take offense to that but instead of pointing what was inaccurate, or why it is inaccurate, they've spouted senseless tripe about how "I should be coach", "but Bob tries hard", or "glad you're the only objective one". All things that were never said or even implied.

On the last bit welcome to that club.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It's probably his biggest hang up. ISU HAS to enter the ball inside just like marginal shooters need to still shoot 3s to keep the defense working. More in and out as the timing of the double comes could make a big difference.

There are plenty of players that have some consistent miscues including yesterday (because that's what happens in basketball often) that don't seem to be magnified nearly as much on here and I wonder if it's just not as obvious.

I know we had 2 and I want to say 3 broken plays that ended up with us hitting a 3 at the end of them.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You want facts?
16-6
7-3
Solo 2nd place in the best mbb conference

You can not find any statistic that will show any of those 3 irrefutable facts would be better if Rob wasn't playing.
When you check all the boxes all the way down to back up center TJ must be doing something right.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron