SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
jRAa3pm7JmAe.jpg

Just a reminder from this morning.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
We played well but man, if KU didn't make that one easy. Some curious choices by Self not to at least try to attack things that were problematic in the previous few games in addition to woeful shooting allowed us not to sweat this one.

Only complaints are the scripted substitutions, free throw shooting, and stupid 2nd half fouls. KU didn't really take advantage of the double bonus situation but our ability to have good offensive possessions (converse to the Tech debacle) allowed us to get back into our half court defense.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Everyone feeling better now?
Eh just give it until we go to Morgantown. Fun fact that place is a nightmare, so if we lose please don’t panic. In case in the year 2023 you haven’t figured out that winning on the road in college basketball is really hard, then this is your regular-scheduled message stating just that. It’s freaking hard to win on the road.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Great bounce back by this team. Self might be the best coach in the game, but he messed up by not pressing us.
I don't know what with? Kansas has great wing play, but their guards aren't physical beyond McClure. They have no post players beyond Abrams. I don't see them doing much in March. A team like Purdue would score a 100 in the paint on them.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Night and day from Mizzou a week ago. Great having Kunc back in the rotation. Liked the confidence rebound from Lipsey. Big Rob wasn't a total liability out there (still left some bunnies out there).

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Would I trade a loss to a last place TT team (a game where we were at best slight favorites, if not outright dogs in the first place), in exchange for outright kicking Kansas' ass on our own court?

Every bloody time.
The TTU game sucked but we are at worst 1 loss back from 1st place again. We will at worst split with KU, KSU, and Texas (who are all closest to 1st place) which is HUGE for tie breaker scenarios. Defend Hilton like ISU has and pick off some road games and we still have a great shot at a conference title.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Insert Lloyd Bridges meme “ it looks like I picked the wrong day not to record the game “

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Some KU fans saying they walked into an angry booo crowd and we are their biggest game. Pretty sure Texas, KSU, and Baylor games were all clearly louder, lol.
This was probably the least booing ISU-KU game (while ISU is relevant) probably ever. Literally the only time I can remember booing today was when Self was ripping the refs after a charge call against KU.

Clonefan420

Jan 30, 2023
Fun game. That was the least stressful KU I’ve watched at Hilton. I thought we might have been in trouble when Gabe went out with 3 fouls but Holmes stepped up.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup