In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Hlas says now back to finishing out the 9 to 6 portion of the season.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don't have a big issue of Iowa keeping Brian as OC the rest of the year. I tend to go with the thought, you finish what you start. After all, there are 5 games left to salvage the season. It's not like Iowa can add a new QB or OL to its roster.

But we all know where this is headed. After the season, Iowa announces, "Offensive changes are needed and they plan to implement a wide open offense and shuffle the staff. Unfortunately, Greg Davis has retired, but they will find the best. Fortunately, Brian has agreed to stay on to support his alma mater as Iowa new/old OL coach."

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That article is the best summary I've read so far on the mess in Iowa City. What's sad is the local media in Iowa doesn't have the courage to write this because they know they'll be denied future access to University of Iowa athletics.

No kidding. Very rarely does hiring a family member end up working. The part that I find so odd is that Kirk doubled down on it when he made him OC and QB coach. That would have seemed like a good time to dial back Brian's influence, but instead he gave him more responsibility.

We'll be dealing with the same thing once Fennelly retires. But if a mistake is made in WBB, it doesn't set back the entire AD.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
If you are seeing the scenario of Brian Ferentz taking another job at the end of the year, I guess in an attempt to save face, this has been the talk among donors for at least 2 weeks.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Maybe he is too far gone to be converted, but there is nothing that compares to an ex Iowa turned Iowa St person. Plus he will be coming in with humility and Im sure there are some brain in there that have been untapped.
Brian Ferentz with humility? LOL.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I don't have a big issue of Iowa keeping Brian as OC the rest of the year. I tend to go with the thought, you finish what you start. After all, there are 5 games left to salvage the season. It's not like Iowa can add a new QB or OL to its roster.

But we all know where this is headed. After the season, Iowa announces, "Offensive changes are needed and they plan to implement a wide open offense and shuffle the staff. Unfortunately, Greg Davis has retired, but they will find the best. Fortunately, Brian has agreed to stay on to support his alma mater as Iowa new/old OL coach."

I’m not sure why Brian Ferentz gets all of the blame. This is Kirk’s offense.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
What would be the upside?
Iowa fans look on helplessly as Brian Ferentz brings Iowa trade secrets to Ames, combines them with current ISU trade secrets cementing the complete downfall of Iowa football and launching ISU to a playoff spot.

Brian converts to Iowa St, and with that has an unrivaled passion to make Iowa City pay for its mutiny towards his Dad which happens a few years later.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Iowa fans look on helplessly as Brian Ferentz brings Iowa trade secrets to Ames, combines them with current ISU trade secrets cementing the complete downfall of Iowa football and launching ISU to a playoff spot.

Brian converts to Iowa St, and with that has an unrivaled passion to make Iowa City pay for its mutiny towards his Dad which happens a few years later.
Whooooosh

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009

Iowa fans are still waiting to see his offensive trade secrets.

Reactions: Cycho1 and Acylum

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny
Jon Millers tweet is awesome.
The amusing, and pathetic part of this, is that is has taken a truly horrible offense for the national media, the fan base, and especially the local Iowa media, to finally call out the fraud that was the hiring of BF in the first place. The circumventing their own nepotism rule should tell you all you need to know about who runs the athletic department as well as the football program. The chickens have finally come home to roost and I am savoring every bit of criticism they get. Makes me wonder what other envelope they push in their program.

My real disgust though, is for the Iowa media, including Dochterman, Hlas, Leastacow, Miller, and all the other Hawkeye sycophants. They only find it convenient to bring this up now and it took an out of state guy to really bring this up.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’d prefer they’d only be bad. Being disgustingly bad is going to lead to personnel changes I’m afraid.

Reactions: CycloneVet