In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It is hilarious that Iowa has the 130th ranked offense and is playing for the Big Ten championship. No way can they fire Brian after an appearance which is great news for ISU since the series was extended to 2027. ISU now has to make the offensive changes Iowa also needs (but won't do).
An Iowa fan I know said their thoughts are Kirk is shopping Brian to the NFL for any position so he can say he got promoted to the NFL and not fire him.

It’s gonna be quiet in here for a bit

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
An Iowa fan I know said their thoughts are Kirk is shopping Brian to the NFL for any position so he can say he got promoted to the NFL and not fire him.

It’s gonna be quiet in here for a bit
That wouldn’t surprise me. But he isn't going to the NFL as an OC. He would be a position coach at best and if anybody is paying attention they will know it is truly a step down. Maybe he will make a move back to New England?

Reactions: BCClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Bill O'Brien hired as Pat's OC.

Will Brian become the line coach?

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Hawk reporter on KXNO last night is convinced Brian is gone and probably headed to New England.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hawk reporter on KXNO last night is convinced Brian is gone and probably headed to New England.
BF was incharge of the Iowa line when it started to go backwards. Not sure why he would get hired in that position at NE. Does Kirk have blackmail photos on Bill or why is it that people feel that he owes Kirk left and right?

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Now Kirk has another son that is unemployed. May need BF to get hired somewhere so he can put his other son in as the OC.
Let's be honest though, Kirk is the real OC. No matter who is calling the plays, it will be the same offense.

Kirk's offense:
RB stretch left
RB stretch right
PA bootleg pass to the TE in the flat
Occasional pass elsewhere
Punt

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Let's be honest though, Kirk is the real OC. No matter who is calling the plays, it will be the same offense.

Kirk's offense:
RB stretch left
RB stretch right
Punt
You forgot ‘pick play crossing route for a WR who is too slow to get open otherwise’

Reactions: ScottyP

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021

Kirk's offense:
RB stretch left
RB stretch right
Punt
Very similar to a sign I saw at Arrowhead in the 1970s when I went to one of their games. Chiefs were in decline and Podolak getting old. It read: Hank Stram’s playbook: Podolak to left, Podolak to the right, incomplete pass. Punt.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Hey, we got a chance to hire the guy responsible for the worst offense in college football!