Myles Norwood picks ISU over Alabama

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's pointless to start a pissing match because it doesn't really matter if Alabama offered or not but you do understand that exact thing happens a lot right? The schools NEVER call anyone out on it because it doesn't really do them any good to do so. So there really isn't disincintive for a kid to do that, other than when it comes time to actually enroll, if you're not playing anywhere everyone will know you were lying.
Speaking of stupid ass ho hawk fans….. :mccaffery:

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Also, an ‘offer’ is a very broad term in the world of recruiting. Could mean a recruit has a promise to be able to sign on signing day (enroll for transfers) on scholarship, can mean they are having active dialog with a school and there’s mutual interest, can mean a PWO offer, and sometimes offers are claimed if a recruit has ever gotten communication of any kind from a school (the classic is an assistant is visiting a HS or JUCO and talks with a player while there). It’s rare that it’s completely made up and there’s never been any contact, but it does happen. Recruits and schools/fans they play for usually usually use a broad form of the term.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Because it's been debunked. Alabama didn't offer the kid.
This post is drawing some heat, so here's the commitment story from Nick Osen (who has been incredibly locked in). Anyone care to tell the rest of the class which school is missing from the offer list?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
oh i agree.. glad we got him!

just think its funny when we get a recruit and we make it a priority to make sure we let people know we beat out alabama or clemson or georgia, etc.

its one thing to go head to head with those types of schools for a recruit but when a recruit was offered a day before he committed can we really point that out? haha
Why is that funny? It helps future recruiting. Its not like there is anyone refuting it publically so why not brag about it.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, his HS profile lists the academy schools and some FCS schools, UNI included.

Sounds like a Campbell guy. After a raw deal his senior year (staff likely one foot out the door) he took a redshirt at an elite Juco and improved from an FCS/ Military school recruit to receiving multiple P5 opportunities.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
This post is drawing some heat, so here's the commitment story from Nick Osen (who has been incredibly locked in). Anyone care to tell the rest of the class which school is missing from the offer list?

Read the comments on this article from Nick Osen (https://247sports.com/Article/Iowa-State-football-Myles-Norwood-enjoys-ISU-visit-187958551/). It sounds like there was some sort of miscommunication with Myles regarding Alabama.

Either way, he committed to the good guys!

Attachments

• Norwood-Osen247Comments.png
    Norwood-Osen247Comments.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 111

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Seems suspicious that he had no scholarship offers after his Senior year and then didn't play last year but somehow earned a Bama offer? Seems like this is just an addition for depth and that the staff sees potential upside.
Probably just grades if he went juco no?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I also chose Iowa State over Alabama. It's not that uncommon.
NeedyRegalHairstreak-size_restricted.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
See the green VIP by each post? That means VIP, a.k.a., behind a paywall.

And also, the commitment story isn't VIP, so everyone can read it and the comments.
I am not VIP and I can see all of the comments he pasted despite it saying VIP next to Osen's posts. This is true even when I don't use his link but search for the story myself. So despite it saying VIP next to each of Osen's comments it is not behind a VIP paywall. Whether it is supposed to be VIP or not, it is not restricting access so he did nothing wrong.

Perhaps they removed the restriction once he announced...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Reactions: Stormin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron