MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I guess I do know what high leverage is.

And I'm glad I don't think WPA is the end all because analytics would have told some you kids to bring in Duran.

When the Twins took the starter out last night after throwing a two hitter through five, it reminded me of a conversation I had with Bert Blyleven about how his incredible complete game mark would never happen today. His analytics were knowing who could not hit his curve. He said if he played for today's analytical geniuses, he would not have a ring, and would not be in the HOF. He said "most of it is crap, and it's ruining the game"
Where you just kissing up to him to get circled?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
We already went over the point about context, and the fact you can't grasp it.

And you're the only one arguing to decisions made on absolutes, which in turn is making points for my argument for me over and over and over. Thanks!

You don't have to bring in Duran then, because there's 18 outs left! Your offense can still turn it into a laugher. And the Yankees only had 4 base runners the rest of the night.

Sometimes Duran should pitch the 9th. Sometimes he should pitch elsewhere.

Context and nuance man. Sorry it's beyond.
Of course you don't bring Duran in the fourth. Your not talking to one of your bring Duran in if it is "high leverage" buddies.

I have an opinion which differs from three other posters in this thread. The horror!

You can't accept that somebody does not agree with your brilliant analysis and examples so you and 52 revert to name calling. Over my opinion on who should close for the Twins no less.
Pretty heady stuff and very telling.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Putting Buxton and his speed behind the relatively plodding Arraez would be a mistake, Arraez is a good fit for the 2 spot.
Glad to see Luis back in the line-up and good to see Rocco putting him in the lead-off spot again tonight.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I guess I do know what high leverage is.

And I'm glad I don't think WPA is the end all because analytics would have told some you kids to bring in Duran.

When the Twins took the starter out last night after throwing a two hitter through five, it reminded me of a conversation I had with Bert Blyleven about how his incredible complete game mark would never happen today. His analytics were knowing who could not hit his curve. He said if he played for today's analytical geniuses, he would not have a ring, and would not be in the HOF. He said "most of it is crap, and it's ruining the game"

You are fantastic at straw man arguments.

Reactions: FDWxMan

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Of course you don't bring Duran in the fourth. Your not talking to one of your bring Duran in if it is "high leverage" buddies.

I have an opinion which differs from three other posters in this thread. The horror!

You can't accept that somebody does not agree with your brilliant analysis and examples so you and 52 revert to name calling. Over my opinion on who should close for the Twins no less.
Pretty heady stuff and very telling.
Since we are all Twins fan, I won't continue the debate, but in this discussion on Duran I have have never resorted to calling you names.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Bundy needs to go as soon as we get Ryan and Gray back. Bullpen downright awful the last couple of weeks!

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
At the game.

Complete chaos after 3 HR's on3 consecutive pitches against a premier ace in Garrit Cole, in the bottom of the 1st. Time for "We are the Champions,......of the World".

Cole removed at 2.1 innings, 4 HR's and 7 runs,.....his ERA jumped over half a point.

9 HR's, crazy to see, and as usual, about 45% NYY fans.

Sweet.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I wake up to pee in the middle of the night, then double check my phone to see how much the twins won by last night before shutting my eyes again. wtf.

• Haha
Reactions: dafarmer