Top Five

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So, you are leaving the only undefeated team in the BCS (with wins over 6 other bowl teams) out of the top-5? What planet are you from?

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:
Why, just because I think those five teams are all better than Utah?

How many wins over bowl teams do each of my five have? Looks like Oklahoma has seven, and I'm guessing those seven might be better than Utah's six. And where did I have OU?

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
1) Florida...have been all year
2) USC...might have been the best team year end, again
3) Oklahoma...remember they were missing Demarco
4) Ohio State...they were better than Texas
5) Texas...a RB away from being #1
6) Utah...they would not be undefeated in the Big 12

Either were Oklahoma or Texas....

H

HGPuck

I'm going to have to go with the realtimerpi ranking:
1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Utah
4. Oklahoma
5. USC

Any guesses who had the weakest strength of schedule?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
1. Florida
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. Texas
5. Utah

Give me a break w/ all this Utah #1 talk. Are people serious??? In a meaningful game they would lose by 3 scores

Last edited:

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
1. Florida
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. Ohio St
5. Utah

Give me a break w/ all this Utah #1 talk. Are people serious??? In a meaningful game they would lose by 3 scores

What? Like the Sugar Bowl against a team that was ranked #1 until the SEC Championship game? I call that a meaningful game!

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I think a very good argument can be made for making Florida, Utah, or USC #1. Florida won the BCS title and came out of a tough SEC. Utah is undefeated, played some good opponents during the year, and handed it to a very good Alabama team. The Pac 10 showed in their bowl games that it was a good conference this year, and USC dominated PSU in their bowl game. Texas and Oklahoma would round out my top 5. So...

1-3: Florida, USC, Utah
4. Texas
5. OU

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
What? Like the Sugar Bowl against a team that was ranked #1 until the SEC Championship game? I call that a meaningful game!

It happens every year! Look at history

Purdue (Brees) beat Kansas St
Boise St beat Oklahoma

There are a dozen instances of this happening

Team is disappointed that they are not playing in the championship, and they come out flat. Team with something to prove takes advantage. Does that make Utah the better team?? Not in my book

Utah beat Michigan and New Mexico by 3 points. Nuff said