Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I'm going to have to go with the realtimerpi ranking:
1. Florida
2. Texas
3. Utah
4. Oklahoma
5. USC

Any guesses who had the weakest strength of schedule?

If these 5 teams were in a division and played a home-and-home schedule, this is the order that they probably finish in.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Saw a quote that I'm sure I'm going to hear again and again here in 'Horns territory.

"Florida beat OU by 10. Just like Texas."

1.) Utah
2.) Florida
2.) Texas
4.) USC
5.) OU

Not to mention this was basically a home game for FL and Texas/Oklahoma was a neutral field

FlashGordon

Dec 14, 2008
Ames
This is what it WILL look like. :wink:

1. Florida
2. Texas
3. USC
4. Utah
5. Oklahoma

Interestingly, only 4 of the BCS Top 10 and 6 of the BCS Top 16 won their Bowls. Heck, Ohio State might move up even though they lost.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
1. Florida Atlantic
2. Northwest Oklahoma State Univeristy
3. Texas College
4. University of South Carolina ( couldn't find a really bad one for this)
5. Utah State

:jimlad:

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
My Philosophy on how you rate a team is as of that moment. As of right now Florida is top dog with winning the NC. Utah=Undefeated, Despite what people say about not being in a major conference the fact is they didn't loose not to mention a BCS bowl win against no slouch of a team in Alabama. USC, 1 poor showing in Corvalis away from being right there with undefeated Utah not to mention dominated every game the rest of the season after that loss. Texas same story 1 poor tackle on a stud Michael Crabtree away from un undefeated season. Oklahoma played a good NC game, I think some things just didnt turn their way during the game aka 2 redzone attemps with no points coming from it, and that rediculous interception taken out of the wide recievers hands.

So here ya go.

1.Florida
2.Utah
3.USC
4.Texas
5.Oklahoma

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
1)florida
1)utah
1)texas
1)usc

maybe this would use up their supply of crystal footballs and we could have a playoff.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
So, you are leaving the only undefeated team in the BCS (with wins over 6 other bowl teams) out of the top-5? What planet are you from?

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

I think he's from the same planet I am. The one where you have to play a major conference schedule to be considered. When Texas lost to TTech their previous three games were vs.; #6 Ok. St., #11 Mizzou and #1 OU. Show me a four game stretch that Utah played which compares and you might change my mind...

1.Florida
2.Texas
3.USC
4.OU
5.tOSU

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I think he's from the same planet I am. The one where you have to play a major conference schedule to be considered. When Texas lost to TTech their previous three games were vs.; #6 Ok. St., #11 Mizzou and #1 OU. Show me a four game stretch that Utah played which compares and you might change my mind...

1.Florida
2.Texas
3.USC
4.OU
5.tOSU

OK - that is an argument for Texas and Texas alone! Now show me a reason why you wouldn't have Utah over USC, OU and tOSU? Why you have two teams, that have 2 losses and lost their bowl game over an undefeated team that beat Alabama convincingly. Show me USC's schedule and how it compares b/c USC lost to Oregon St while Utah beat them?

It doesn't matter what conference Utah is in! I don't believe the argument that if Utah was in in Big 12 / Big 10 / ACC / Big East / etc... they wouldn't be undefeated. The fact of the matter is that they are 13-0!!!! They deserve to be, if not co-NC, #2 or #3 in the final rankings!

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
OK - that is an argument for Texas and Texas alone! Now show me a reason why you wouldn't have Utah over USC, OU and tOSU? Why you have two teams, that have 2 losses and lost their bowl game over an undefeated team that beat Alabama convincingly. Show me USC's schedule and how it compares b/c USC lost to Oregon St while Utah beat them?

It doesn't matter what conference Utah is in! I don't believe the argument that if Utah was in in Big 12 / Big 10 / ACC / Big East / etc... they wouldn't be undefeated. The fact of the matter is that they are 13-0!!!! They deserve to be, if not co-NC, #2 or #3 in the final rankings!

Oklahoma beat TCU 35-10. Utah won 13-10

Oklahoma played these games consecutively:
TCU
Baylor
Texas
Kansas
then later in the year they played:
TT
OSU
Missouri

Florida played these teams this year:
Miami
Ole Miss
LSU
Georgia
Vanderbilt
USC
FSU
Bama

Florida played 10 teams that went to a bowl game. OU played 8. Utah played 5

Explain to me again how Utah would go undefeated! Or how they deserve to be talked about as the #1 team

Reactions: jsmith86

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron