Worst offense in the Big 12?

Which Big 12 team has the toughest time on offense? Only adding teams that I feel qualify

• Texas

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Texas Tech

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Iowa State

Votes: 127 76.5%
  • TCU

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Oklahoma St

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • WVU

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • K state

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I realize most teams are only 3 games in, and the book hasn't even come close to being written on the season yet. But the cyclones have forced me to think about this question a lot in 2 of the last 3 halves they've played (1st half vs OU today was really good, almost flukey good)

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I realize most teams are only 3 games in, and the book hasn't even come close to being written on the season yet. But the cyclones have forced me to think about this question a lot in the last
I don't want to bring facts into the discussion of our "worst offense in the history of college basketball that extremely limits our ability to beat other Big 12 teams" but there are actually 3 teams worse in the conference by metrics.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I don’t really care. Have to win on road with defense. And if there is a free throw discrepancy like tonight in Hilton at any point we will spit hot fire at these “officials”

Reactions: CyBobby

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I don’t really care. Have to win on road with defense. And if there is a free throw discrepancy like tonight in Hilton at any point we will spit hot fire at these “officials”

They were trying to call as many fouls on OU at the end so it didn't look so bad and we still couldn't get on the line. o_O

Not the reason for the loss though i know.

Reactions: CyBobby

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They were trying to call as many fouls on OU at the end so it didn't look so bad and we still couldn't get on the line. o_O

Not the reason for the loss though i know.
Not the reason for it I agree. Got outplayed down the stretch. I think the true margin of the game is in the 5-10 range as opposed to 13 though

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Manzer had it right on the KU broadcast -- we really struggle against good defenses in half-court sets. We need a lot of points off turnovers to compete.

I haven't seen enough other teams to say who might be worse in the B12 but we all knew going into the season that this team had some offensive limitations.

I think Grill is struggling to get separation to get shots off and that's not really Kunc's strength, either. We don't get inside-out action from our bigs to shooters very much and that might be a result of the fact that they don't exactly merit Niang-type attention from the defense. I'm going to be looking for drive-and-kick type set-ups for our shooters from Hunter and Kalscheur - and maybe Brockington - who can all break down defenses off the bounce to a certain extent.

That quick scoop and shot from Grill in the last minute was a thing of beauty. Two years ago, he struggled to hit 3s but you could see he had good mechanics.

Really a great effort from our guys - Hunter took a step forward. Without the (surprising) 3s from Kalscheur and Hunter, we would have been blown out vs. KU. And it turns out the Robert Jones might have better footwork than Conditt.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Changing my vote again... it's us or Oklahoma St. To be decided this week I guess

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
One of the TCU guys had like 8 steals yesterday. I don’t think we tried to back door him once. Not much movement right now on offense.
That is part of the problem. Too much movement of players running around the outside. A big ol' circle of nothing. Exception is Condit going to the top of the circle, gets the ball, and watches the merry go around.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
One of the TCU guys had like 8 steals yesterday. I don’t think we tried to back door him once. Not much movement right now on offense.
Dixon did a good job scouting us. They knew what we were going to do and they were ready.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Maybe this was discussed in this thread or others - are we running the high-post weave a lot more compared to earlier in the season? It seemed like there was a lot more ball-movement and player movement in non-con -- and we've been going more and more to this since start of league schedule. I assume if that's the case, it was because defenses adjusted and that's the adjustment we've attempted to make.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Know this is the wrong board but it is frustrating to watch the women today as these teams are starting to mirror each other 'offensively'. Got off to great starts to the season and highly ranked, look good when the ball goes in the whoop (especially the '3'), but just like the mens' team we don't have hardly any womens' players that can beat their player to the basket and get off a shot or a quality pass. Must rely on the '3' and it gets ugly when the other team gets every rebound off our misses. We are who we are.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron