Heard and Seen in Orlando

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I will say though the Clemson girl with the orange and white striped sundress across from the tailgate was a pleasant site.

Note: I was a creeper and took a pic to send to my friend who is an SEC guy and used to the SEC girl fans dressing that way lol.

This was something I noticed as well while people watching. The difference in the 2 fanbases was stark. Most the Clemson folk were dressed like they were going to church or a ladies tea party. "Sophisticated" bunch. Didn't seem to care for our Juicy Wiggle

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Does anyone remember the skydivers at JTS in the early 1980s who landed at the 50 yard line and handed the game ball to the refs? That stopped after one got injured. The cable is a better idea and clever.
Yes, I was there when that happened. Turned to catch the wind and instead basically fell unhindered from the height of the top of the highest point of the stadium.

He did wave to the crowd as they wheeled him off.

I wonder where that dude is today.

Last edited:

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
There was a guy ******** about our fan base and how we were so rude at "his bar" and Clemson fans were such a stark contrast and "amazing people". Did anyone encounter this bar or guy in Orlando?

Twitter handle is: @DougVernon6

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Hopefully no ISU fans involved, but seems likely with the outcome.
From the little bit I gathered and I really don’t know so take it for what it’s worth a Clemson fan got bumped into and then started attacking Iowa State people. Cops got there pretty quick but wasn’t pretty.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This was something I noticed as well while people watching. The difference in the 2 fanbases was stark. Most the Clemson folk were dressed like they were going to church or a ladies tea party. "Sophisticated" bunch. Didn't seem to care for our Juicy Wiggle

That is how most southern fan bases dress even in our own conference.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
From the little bit I gathered and I really don’t know so take it for what it’s worth a Clemson fan got bumped into and then started attacking Iowa State people. Cops got there pretty quick but wasn’t pretty.

While I only witnessed things from a section over, I did have eyes on the whole altercation.

The Clemson fan was right by the tunnel the Iowa State players walked through to head to the locker room. He was clearly boasting about the win to the players walking off the field as he was bending over the rail and grabbing his jersey and showing it to the players. A couple Iowa State fans must have started saying things to the individual which also included a “bump” from behind. He immediately turned around and swung at a women and then attacked what was probably only a teenage kid. Cops got the Clemson fan and his wife/girlfriend out of the stadium pretty fast.

I won’t theorize what might have been said that set the individual off although it could have been the bump from behind as the guy lost his hat and something else down the tunnel.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Yeah, that's the dynamic I felt at our tailgate. CF-er's were active, drinking, eating, joking around, and having a great time. The Clemson couple across the aisle sitting in the back of the SUV looked like they were waiting for a funeral in a church building.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Church and football pretty much the same in the South. Had relatives in South Carolina who absolutely hated Clemson and their fans, said they thought they were entitled to the best. Kind of reminds me of a certain team East.

• Dumb
Reactions: criticalobserver

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We should never complain about our stadium announcer again. Seemed like this guy at Orlando got 1/3 of the down and distance wrong in the first half.

For as many Clemson fans around, not much interaction. They seemed decent. Memphis fans at Liberty Bowl still rank #1 on worst fan base in my book.

I did kind of chuckle with the CLEMSO..N cheer. Seemed pretty lame.

Can you explain this cheer? I'm having a hard time imagining it. I'm reading it as like a half and half 'Cyclone, Power; chant, but that doesn't make sense with CLEMSO on one side and N on the other.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Agree it's a weird southern thing. Maybe it's just that I don't like getting dressed up at all but I really don't get that type of attire for a sporting event. I want to wear comfortable sporty/athletic attire.

Reactions: exCYtable

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Can you explain this cheer? I'm having a hard time imagining it. I'm reading it as like a half and half 'Cyclone, Power; chant, but that doesn't make sense with CLEMSO on one side and N on the other.

They spell Clemson then pause while the band drags on a note then adds the N - C L E M S O.......N

Reactions: Farnsworth

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
While I only witnessed things from a section over, I did have eyes on the whole altercation.

The Clemson fan was right by the tunnel the Iowa State players walked through to head to the locker room. He was clearly boasting about the win to the players walking off the field as he was bending over the rail and grabbing his jersey and showing it to the players. A couple Iowa State fans must have started saying things to the individual which also included a “bump” from behind. He immediately turned around and swung at a women and then attacked what was probably only a teenage kid. Cops got the Clemson fan and his wife/girlfriend out of the stadium pretty fast.

I won’t theorize what might have been said that set the individual off although it could have been the bump from behind as the guy lost his hat and something else down the tunnel.
We were at the top of the section doing pictures so we more just saw the aftermath. The cops did catch up to the Clemson guy and they talked to at least most of the people. Seemed like everyone decided to just walk away but what I’m assuming was that teenager was pretty upset wanted the guy to go to jail but his mom just said let’s get out of there without issues.

I will give the cops a lot of credit they seemed to be pretty good on getting it calmed down. Much better then the peach bowl.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
We were at the top of the section doing pictures so we more just saw the aftermath. The cops did catch up to the Clemson guy and they talked to at least most of the people. Seemed like everyone decided to just walk away but what I’m assuming was that teenager was pretty upset wanted the guy to go to jail but his mom just said let’s get out of there without issues.

I will give the cops a lot of credit they seemed to be pretty good on getting it calmed down. Much better then the peach bowl.

How did no one jump in and beat the living piss out of the blonde guy in the blue shirt. He needed to have his head bashed into the concrete floor.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Yes, I was there when that happened. Turned to catch the wind and instead basically fell unhindered from the height of the top of the highest point of the stadium.

He did wave to the crowd as they wheeled him off.

I wonder where that dude is today.
Me too. I saw it too. Very scary.

ClonesInDallas

Dec 16, 2020
How did no one jump in and beat the living piss out of the blonde guy in the blue shirt. He needed to have his head bashed into the concrete floor.

And the other didn't? Moron just as easily could have walked away, actually had multiple chances and yet he literally skipped back into the fight. Both are complete morons

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Sounds like a royal douchebag, not to mention the kind of guy who will b1tch about the consequences of his own actions.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Where is the security? Big fail by the stadium staff.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Probably because everybody realized if those two men stood toe to toe in a closet for 5 minutes, neither would get hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron