The other Cyclone board

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I haven't posted on this board/website for 2-3 years. I came over here because I am weary of the Premium board on the other site. A few of the subscribers come across as this arrogant, know-it-all, condescending little clique that makes my arse tired.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?:notworthy:

Reactions: Wesley

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Cyclone information is one thing I refuse to pay for, so I can't answer your question.

I think you can find out most of the information you NEED to know about ISU right here for free.

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
I haven't posted on this board/website for 2-3 years. I came over here because I am weary of the Premium board on the other site. A few of the subscribers come across as this arrogant, know-it-all, condescending little clique that makes my arse tired.

It all depends on how you define arrogant. Over here many are very proud of their "post count" and also do a good job correcting your spelling, and or grammar. So all you need is a few thousand posts and you are good. Also be carefull not to repeat something that has already been posted and make sure you keep your thoughts in the correct topic catagory. Also, try to keep your message bord jargon straight. Do this, and you will be very well respected here. I really do enjoy this site. I just thought I'd be a little passive aggressive this morning. You will run into "know it alls" everywhere.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
It all depends on how you define arrogant. Over here many are very proud of their "post count" and also do a good job correcting your spelling, and or grammar. So all you need is a few thousand posts and you are good. Also be carefull not to repeat something that has already been posted and make sure you keep your thoughts in the correct topic catagory. Also, try to keep your message bord jargon straight. Do this, and you will be very well respected here. I really do enjoy this site. I just thought I'd be a little passive aggressive this morning. You will run into "know it alls" everywhere.

You can not be passive aggressive until you have at least 750 posts. :jimlad:

Last edited:

farmerbrent

Feb 29, 2008
Sorry. I know. That's rule # 103, part B. I was just trying to sneek that by this morning, hoping the cool kids wouldn't see it. I'll go find my usual place stuffed in my locker.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Sorry. I know. That's rule # 103, part B. I was just trying to sneek that by this morning, hoping the cool kids wouldn't see it. I'll go find my usual place stuffed in my locker.

We may need to send you to the other board. First, you violate the passive-aggressive rule, and then you come back with a misspelled word.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
CF tries to keep a good relationship with the other board, we are all Cyclones and want the same thing.

With this thread, try and not bash the other board.

Thanks

Last edited:

CyAg

May 22, 2006
There are many who post on each, and like both. Every board has a personality, its own culture, and share of those who are full of themselves, or idiotic.

It is what it is and there is nothing wrong with that.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I belong to one of the other boards only for recruiting and I like it. But I never post or read the boards very often. I find the posters very negative, at least compared to this board. You would be surprised. Take negative posts here and multiply by 50.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007

Be careful you may get a swirly.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I belong to one of the other boards only for recruiting and I like it. But I never post or read the boards very often. I find the posters very negative, at least compared to this board. You would be surprised. Take negative posts here and multiply by 50.

I agree. I came here from another board, and stayed because I tired of the negativity. If I wanted to talk about how bad my team was, I would ask a Hawkeye fan.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

It's not just you.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
So when the sky falls over here, we only have 50 threads about Chizik leaving to their 2500? Wow. I thought the 50 was too many.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
CF tries to keep a good relationship with the other board, we are all Cyclones and what the same thing.

With this thread, try and not bash the other board.

Thanks

There are many who post on each, and like both. Every board has a personality, its own culture, and share of those who are full of themselves, or idiotic.

It is what it is and there is nothing wrong with that.

+1

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I don't think it has anything to do with post count. It has to do with "new people" not knowing board etiquette. Any message board with a lot of posters needs to have things well-organized, or it becomes useless. 20 threads about the same thing are pretty much impossible to keep up on. Also, there our sum people on hear with horrible grammar. :biglaugh:

As far as CR goes, I was a member there for a while, but, IMO, the board is very negative and "elitist". For some reason people feel that paying money to be part of a "club" makes them better than everyone else. I also think the fact that not just anyone can read their opinions means that they feel far more entitled to be negative in general, and ******** in particular.

I've found recruiting news makes it here within a few hours of it making it over there. And since we have a lot of students here that really don't want to, or can't afford to, pay 100 bucks a year, we tend to get just as much "insider" information here as they do there.

I also think the way "recruiting people" in general chase down recruits is disturbing, and is a borderline NCAA violation and I refuse to support that monetarily.

On top of that, vBulletin is MUCH MUCH better than whatever garbage they use over at rivals. I know they don't have really any control over it, but it's simply the case.

In short, this is more of a community, and that is more of a cult, IMO.