ISR: CyHawk 2021

May 7, 2020
31-13 good guys. Baby Ferentz acts like a dbag, we show the world we are now the premier team in the state. Pretty stress free afternoon.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
17-13 ISU wins. Going to be about who makes fewer mistakes and capitalizes on a handful of plays.

Fewer mistakes should not make you favor ISU. We’re always the ones making the most stupid mistakes and errors in this game.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Everyone seems to think it will be a defensive battle, so I'll throw 42-34 out there, ISU wins, because **** it.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
ISU 20
Iowa 13

And this is being generous to Iowa. Petras making his first start in front of a hostile crowd with gameday in town, and a 3:30 kickoff. I just don't see any way that Iowa wins this game.

• Agree
Reactions: Christopher C

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
One thing that has not been asked or brought up is, will we get a clean game from the Big 10 officials? In a tight game they can make a huge difference. In both the 2017 and 2019 the Big 10 refs helped Iowa in the final minutes. In 2017, right before Wadley broke loose, they missed a huge blatant offensive pass interference call against Iowa. If that is called, it's probably lights out for Iowa. In 2019, they called a ghost hold on Iowa State that nullified a first down in fg range with time left. They don't call that and we probably score a fg or td to win. It was a horrible call, for the life of me I can't see the hold. They also routinely let the Iowa d-backs arrive early in this game and don't call PI. Other say they miss Iowa holds, but I'm sure they missed plenty of ISU holds too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
One thing that has not been asked or brought up is, will we get a clean game from the Big 10 officials? In a tight game they can make a huge difference. In both the 2017 and 2019 the Big 10 refs helped Iowa in the final minutes. In 2017, right before Wadley broke loose, they missed a huge blatant offensive pass interference call against Iowa. If that is called, it's probably lights out for Iowa. In 2019, they called a ghost hold on Iowa State that nullified a first down in fg range with time left. They don't call that and we probably score a fg or td to win. It was a horrible call, for the life of me I can't see the hold. They also routinely let the Iowa d-backs arrive early in this game and don't call PI. Other say they miss Iowa holds, but I'm sure they missed plenty of ISU holds too.
We’ve had some calls go against us / not get called, but in 2017 we missed like 3 separate tackles on that Wadley play. Just need one to probably win. Butler drops a pass in OT to make us settle for a field goal and then they win. In 2019, we allow Stanley to scramble somehow, we dropped an INT to win and then we ran into our own player.

Those games were lost by our own mistakes.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Isn't it neutral refs? Like ACC/PAC?

• Disagree
Reactions: keepngoal

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I firmly believe most ToE posters on here are picking clones to win just to save face in case it happens. And if ToE wins they can congratulate themselves on being even better than they thought. It’s pathetic. Especially since it’s your rivals board. How many CFers are on ToE board throwing out predictions?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I firmly believe most ToE posters on here are picking clones to win just to save face in case it happens. And if ToE wins they can congratulate themselves on being even better than they thought. It’s pathetic. Especially since it’s your rivals board. How many CFers are on. ToE board throwing out predictions?

More than I’d like to admit I’m afraid. There’s a portion of both sides that can’t keep their hands off each other year round. It’s ******* weird.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
The only result that would surprise me is Iowa winning a close game. I just can’t imagine Petras leading the offense down the field for a score in the 4th quarter of a close game against a good team, especially on the road.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We’ve had some calls go against us / not get called, but in 2017 we missed like 3 separate tackles on that Wadley play. Just need one to probably win. Butler drops a pass in OT to make us settle for a field goal and then they win. In 2019, we allow Stanley to scramble somehow, we dropped an INT to win and then we ran into our own player.

In 2019 Iirc there were also quite a few plays in which ISU was simply sloppy on defense and let Iowa pick up some important first downs etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'll guess Iowa has some sort of spy or similar on Purdy to get him to force the issue and focuses on crowding Hall to make ISU beat them in other ways.

Something tells me ISU's secondary falls asleep at some point.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In 2019 Iirc there were also quite a few plays in which ISU was simply sloppy on defense and let Iowa pick up some important first downs etc.
Yep and Brock fumbled in a territory where we could’ve put up points early on. We have to create our own luck. Catchable interception? Make the play. Fumble on the ground? ******* recover it. Tackle in the open field? Have to make it.

Games against these types of teams are the ones CMC talks about when discussing how important it is to win in the margins.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

we dropped 3 int's in 2019. Both years we should have taken care of business rather than letting the refs have a say in the result.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
we dropped 3 int's in 2019. Both years we should have taken care of business rather than letting the refs have a say in the result.
Yep! I think this year we’re more than capable of making those plays. I think last year we made those plays in almost every critical game.

Reactions: Cyclones1969

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
part of that is game rust, a lot of the missed tackles came in the 4rth Q. Iowa played two games against D1 competition and we played an FCS opponent two weeks prior. They had more game reps than us and were crisper/sharper in the early going. After our players adjusted to the physicality and speed, they started taking better angles and we tackling better as the game wore on. Giving up a 3rd and 22 was a killer.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
ISU 23 - EIU 12. 3-10 at half.

Blocked XP returned for 2-pts by the Hoks is the ST snafu of the game and only 2nd half scoring they muster.

ISU converts two more RZ opportunities into TDs than they did in Week 1. 4th and short Clones get the push and the points; Kolar forcing attention to the middle of the field is the difference on the other.