ISR: CyHawk 2021

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
One thing that has not been asked or brought up is, will we get a clean game from the Big 10 officials? In a tight game they can make a huge difference. In both the 2017 and 2019 the Big 10 refs helped Iowa in the final minutes. In 2017, right before Wadley broke loose, they missed a huge blatant offensive pass interference call against Iowa. If that is called, it's probably lights out for Iowa. In 2019, they called a ghost hold on Iowa State that nullified a first down in fg range with time left. They don't call that and we probably score a fg or td to win. It was a horrible call, for the life of me I can't see the hold. They also routinely let the Iowa d-backs arrive early in this game and don't call PI. Other say they miss Iowa holds, but I'm sure they missed plenty of ISU holds too.

LOL, THE REFS LOST US THE GAME!!!!!!!

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I firmly believe most ToE posters on here are picking clones to win just to save face in case it happens. And if ToE wins they can congratulate themselves on being even better than they thought. It’s pathetic. Especially since it’s your rivals board. How many CFers are on ToE board throwing out predictions?

That isn’t true for me at all. If this game was in Kinnick with game day coming to Iowa City and a 3:30 kickoff, I would predict Iowa to win the game. The teams are pretty even, but I just don’t see Iowa overcoming game day, 3:30 start on the road in a hostile environment.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I firmly believe most ToE posters on here are picking clones to win just to save face in case it happens. And if ToE wins they can congratulate themselves on being even better than they thought. It’s pathetic. Especially since it’s your rivals board. How many CFers are on ToE board throwing out predictions?

I don't disagree, I'd bet some of them are.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
That isn’t true for me at all. If this game was in Kinnick with game day coming to Iowa City and a 3:30 kickoff, I would predict Iowa to win the game. The teams are pretty even, but I just don’t see Iowa overcoming game day, 3:30 start on the road in a hostile environment.
1631109821153.jpeg

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
ISU 20
Iowa 13

And this is being generous to Iowa. Petras making his first start in front of a hostile crowd with gameday in town, and a 3:30 kickoff. I just don't see any way that Iowa wins this game.
I genuinely can't tell if you guys are baiting us or actually don't believe your team is likely to pull it off. Coming off of a massive win streak dating back thru midway last year where you outscored opponents by a factor of 100+...

Past experience tells me it's bait...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I genuinely can't tell if you guys are baiting us or actually don't believe your team is likely to pull it off. Coming off of a massive win streak dating back thru midway last year where you outscored opponents by a factor of 100+...

Past experience tells me it's bait...
Most definitely bait.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I saw about 5 or so Cyclone Fans on the Iowa Rivals site and their are about 12-15 Iowa fans here. That is about a 3 or 2.5 to 1 ratio and also basically about the same ratio in real life of Iowa to ISU fans across the state.
Well, to be fair, a chunk of those Iowa fans are likely to be one dude.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It's going to be low scoring and close. What that means is one or two plays will decide the game. A long FG, or a missed FG. A shanked punt creating a short field. Missed tackle on a busted play. That kind of thing.

Last couple times those plays went Iowa's way. Have to hope they go ISU's this time.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
It's going to be low scoring and close. What that means is one or two plays will decide the game. A long FG, or a missed FG. A shanked punt creating a short field. Missed tackle on a busted play. That kind of thing.

Last couple times those plays went Iowa's way. Have to hope they go ISU's this time.
Special teams have definitely been our friend. Our punter is a damn weapon.

Reactions: dexterhawk

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Special teams have definitely been our friend. Our punter is a damn weapon.

His first couple of punts I thought he held the ball a little too long. Hoping he fixes that. I was nervous on that first one for sure.