2021 Stock Market

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I can't help but wonder if there won't be another drop due to covid in a month or so. Nothing like going to 16k last year but maybe 2-3k points.

I don't think that will happen. Every state of government official seems to be pretty against doing anything like we did last year. And compared to other countries, we didn't even do that much. I think what you may see this time around is a more concentrated affect in certain industries, such as travel.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Saw Scott’s Miracle Grow is dipping into the cannabis arena. Might be worth a look too on the dip. Has a dividend as well.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Buy oil stocks on weakness. We are entering a decade long bull market. OXY is a steal right now and their warrants with a $22 exercise price and 6 years to expiration are even more so. The warrants should be a 4-6 bagger over the next 3-5 years. The company just did $2B in FCF last quarter.

Energy demand, especially in emerging parts in the world (like India and China) is going to skyrocket. We are entering a period where ESG investing and government regulation has caused a decade long lack of investment with not enough alternatives to pick up the slack.

Last edited:
Reactions: frackincygy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Saw Scott’s Miracle Grow is dipping into the cannabis arena. Might be worth a look too on the dip. Has a dividend as well.

Miracle Grow and Cannabis lol. Go plant a seed and then feed it with Miracle Grow and see what happens. I will not be supporting those big chem a-holes in the cannabis sphere.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Miracle Grow and Cannabis lol. Go plant a seed and then feed it with Miracle Grow and see what happens. I will not be supporting those big chem a-holes in the cannabis sphere.

Yeah that’s not really the direction of their interest in it.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I made a few bucks on AMC and GME, still holding NOK. Dang those were some fun days of trading.
I bought in on AMC one day and made like 40%. I don't think that stock is probably actually worth more than 15$/share. I feel bad for the conspiracy theory traders who actually think that is a good long term buy. Imagine the people who bought in on that at like 70$. It's gonna be like one of those alt coins that ends up being worthless.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Lemme guess, you have all your money tied up in AMC? The AMC apes are obsessed with RH failing. Not Robinhood's problem you got caught in a pump and dump.

God no, I dipped my toe in AMC a while back but quickly got out. I was more referring to the fact that there earnings are **** and they lost a ton of users during the first meme stock run up when they restricted trading.