SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Welp.. Here we go.

Clkw.gif

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
The comment that the information he gave is vague is crazy. Do you really think he is going to name any names in public rather than in a court type of setting. It would seem like a very bad legal move to name them in public.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
The comment that the information he gave is vague is crazy. Do you really think he is going to name any names in public rather than in a court type of setting. It would seem like a very bad legal move to name them in public.
After contemplating that response, it's almost as if they're trying to antagonize him to the point of divulging information. In no other way could I interpret that kind of childish response.

Reactions: khardbored

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
After contemplating that response, it's almost as if they're trying to antagonize him to the point of divulging information. In no other way could I interpret that kind of childish response.

They believe Bob is bluffing. Just like in poker when you have nothing, but want that sweet pot reward. They are calling him out to show his hand.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Did anyone actually expect ESPN to respond in some other fashion? “OMG we’re sorry we totally ****** up; we’ll leave the Big 12 alone now and go sit in our corner until time out is over”? Nope - this was only ever going to be “business as usual” for them.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
They believe Bob is bluffing. Just like in poker when you have nothing, but want that sweet pot reward. They are calling him out to show his hand.

probably because he is bluffing. Now don't get me wrong, he's probably right in terms of what happened. I just doubt he has "the nuts" so to speak to further the gambling analogy.

DJSteve

Apr 29, 2010
Ames
www.stevesmobilemusic.com
OMG, the arrogance of the wording is beyond professionalism.
That is about exactly how I would expect ESPN (their lawyers) to respond. If you're accused of wrongdoing, you deny everything publicly until forced to do otherwise. There is no swearing in required to write a press release or perjury charges for making false statements. I'm sure ESPN has a competent legal team and they won't hang themselves by admitting anything nefarious. You'll probably have to wait until facts come out in a courtroom unless things leak out through unofficial channels.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That is about exactly how I would expect ESPN (their lawyers) to respond. If you're accused of wrongdoing, you deny everything publicly until forced to do otherwise. There is no swearing in required to write a press release or perjury charges for making false statements. I'm sure ESPN has a competent legal team and they won't hang themselves by admitting anything nefarious. You'll probably have to wait until facts come out in a courtroom unless things leak out through unofficial channels.

Yeah, you might as well place "in our opinion" right after "we have engaged in no wrongful conduct"

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Help Support Us

Become a patron