USF
East Carolina
Tulane
Memphis

West Virginia
Cincinnati
Navy
Temple

I don't know how it works with 19 schools and I don't really care because this sucks and it's not happening.

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I just had a thought. It is something I didn’t realize until this cease and desist business. Fox and ESPN are dueling this out. Fox owns B1G and Pac12. They also have big 12. When the big 12 collapses, ESPN will have the AAC, SEC and ACC. Fox also has Big East hoops. My point is the number of college games Fox will be able to show will be substantially reduced. Let’s say 8 members of the Big 12 head to the AAC…ESPN has those games. Fox will need content. Enter the big 12 and pac 12. I could see Fox wanting the B1G to expand just to add inventory. Same with Pac12. Fox will want more games they can show in order to combat ESPN. A super conference of B1G and PAC12 does absolutely nothing for Fox. Meaning, B1G with Oregon/USC does nothing for Fox. They already own both properties and Fox will need more inventory to counter ESPN’s moves. KU hoops with B1G adds a premiere hoops conference that can rival ESPN’s ACC. Similarly, ISU adds a nice program that enhances inventory for Fox. Same with the PAC12. Fox will want inventory and an expanded PAC12 delivers that. Just a thought anyway. This whole thing boils down to Fox vs ESPN. B1G and PAC12 wont be able to counter what the SEC just did, but they can counter with inventory. Letting the Big12 leftovers head to the AAC is not good at all for Fox.

Last edited:

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
  • Informative
Reactions: BCClone

CYaeger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 23, 2019
I can't even fathom going to the ACC. This would be catastrophic for ISU, from 40 million per year, to less than 10 million per year. I can't imagine Jamie would let this happen.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I don't know about the rest of you, but if that was the deal, I would be all for it.
Aggregate inventory. The eyeballs swap would favor Fox and their affiliated conferences. But, the 'perceived' elite favor the SEC. Trust me, unless the SEC adds guaranteed losses to their elite, SEC will slowly lose cross conference interest. And as has already been opinionated, lack of interconference appeal across all teams will lose interconference appeal. ESPN will have to step up their already over gloated dialogue for their SEC step child.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I think you meant AAC. ACC would be a perfectly acceptable landing spot for ISU (not that I ever see it happening).

The AAC puts ISU in the graveyard. No matchups that make sense or look entertaining (other than Navy)

My Saturdays seem like they won't be used for any college football.

The AAC? **** you, ESPN

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I just had a thought. It is something I didn’t realize until this cease and desist business. Fox and ESPN are dueling this out. Fox owns B1G and Pac12. They also have big 12. When the big 12 collapses, ESPN will have the AAC, SEC and ACC. Fox also has Big East hoops. My point is the number of college games Fox will be able to show will be substantially reduced. Let’s say 8 members of the Big 12 head to the AAC…ESPN has those games. Fox will need content. Enter the big 12 and pac 12. I could see Fox wanting the B1G to expand just to add inventory. Same with Pac12. Fox will want more games they can show in order to combat ESPN. A super conference of B1G and PAC12 does absolutely nothing for Fox. Meaning, B1G with Oregon/USC does nothing for Fox. They already own both properties and Fox will need more inventory to counter ESPN’s moves. KU hoops with B1G adds a premiere hoops conference that can rival ESPN’s ACC. Similarly, ISU adds a nice program that enhances inventory for Fox. Same with the PAC12. Fox will want inventory and an expanded PAC12 delivers that. Just a thought anyway. This whole thing boils down to Fox vs ESPN. B1G and PAC12 wont be able to counter what the SEC just did, but they can counter with inventory. Letting the Big12 leftovers head to the AAC is not good at all for Fox.
Thanks. Very interesting stuff not yet articulated like this. As I ponder your post more, I'm beginning to believe FOX will get a distinct upper hand. Eyeball trade between Oklahoma and Texas vs the rest of the B12 favors the rest. If Fox represents the rest, they not only get eyeballs, but they get a lot more content. I can't help but think this will be huge for the other conferences IF and only if they secure their elite teams thus preventing poaching. Then I'm sure the SEC will financially suffer; premise being they need eyeballs PLUS content (good content) to make their ESPN clock tick.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Don't think it's possible to overstate the enormous damage that ESPN has intentionally and illegally inflicted on the Big 12 Conference. And Mr. Bowlsby apparently has the receipts to prove it.

ESPN's liability is so massive it could crash the whole network, although it will take a few years of litigation before it all comes crashing down. OU and UT should be looking for some good lawyers as well.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don’t want any part of Gameday in Ames ever again now but part of me wants it this year so we can raise all kinds of hell. Don’t think they will be going to any place in the Big 12 other than Austin and Norman anymore anyways.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The AAC puts ISU in the graveyard. No matchups that make sense or look entertaining (other than Navy)

My Saturdays seem like they won't be used for any college football.

The AAC? **** you, ESPN

You might need to relook at my post. I agree the AAC is death for ISU. The ACC would not be (not that I think ISU would ever be going there).

D

Deleted member 51515

Officiating Big 12 games is going to be more scrutinized than ever this year. It will be one more storyline to follow. If I were a big 12 official I would take this year off.

All of this sucks.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Don't think it's possible to overstate the enormous damage that ESPN has intentionally and illegally inflicted on the Big 12 Conference. And Mr. Bowlsby apparently has the receipts to prove it.

ESPN's liability is so massive it could crash the whole network, although it will take a few years of litigation before it all comes crashing down. OU and UT should be looking for some good lawyers as well.
Lol, no. Some of y’all need to lower your expectations of what this means and what it will accomplish.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Adding ISU/KU to the Big Ten and the PAC 12 adding four former Big 12 teams (probably OSU, Texas Tech, TCU and K State) makes a ton of sense. WV to the ACC and Baylor to purgatory. Rounds out the Big Ten with solid regional schools that make sense both athletically and academically, and gets the PAC 12 into a new time zone with some solid, competitive schools.