Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I was just reading an article about AAC expansion and found this nugget extra interesting with the news of the ESPN was "recommending" AAC take 3-5 schools " One league insider said Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and West Virginia would be the most obvious choices if The American went to 16". Coincidence?

The article also noted that if the B12 wanted to be the aggressor and take from the AAC it require 27-month notice and $10 million exit fee. UCONN ended up paying 17 millions to get out in a year.

All the more reason to force UT/OU to stay for at least 2 years. Even if another school would be identified they won't be able to get out of their BOR for a while.

imagine that happening and KU just goes to the Big East/independent football while we end up Mountain West with K-State

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
imagine that happening and KU just goes to the Big East/independent football while we end up Mountain West with K-State

Trying to decide if it the AAC "didn't want" or "couldn't get" KU/ISU to extend the invite. Not that I wanted ISU to play in the AAC but felt that would be the floor if other options fell through.
I think I'll choose to believe AAC believed KU/ISU are linked right now and have the better BIG/PAC or ACC invite waiting if things devolve. That way I can sleep tonight.

Hestia_Abnegation11

Oct 29, 2017
Trying to decide if it the AAC "didn't want" or "couldn't get" KU/ISU to extend the invite. Not that I wanted ISU to play in the AAC but felt that would be the floor if other options fell through.
I think I'll choose to believe AAC believed KU/ISU are linked right now and have the better BIG/PAC or ACC invite waiting if things devolve. That way I can sleep tonight.
Even if we're being hard on ourselves, there's no way the AAC wouldn't want KU basketball. I'd believe the former rather than the latter.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Even if we're being hard on ourselves, there's no way the AAC wouldn't want KU basketball. I'd believe the former rather than the latter.
Falling down to the Mountain West sound horrible. I’d rather block that scenario from my head.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Wonder if the push was to get things sowed up before Apple gets involved with and thrue the PAC 12?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Same as it ever was.
tenor.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think ISU (and the other 7) are most likely fox or cbs schools now. The SEC and the ACC are the big ESPN conferences IIRC. I wonder what the ACC schools are thinking now about their Clemson,FSU, UNC and ND. They may be getting nervous about ESPN.