List of people who won't coach here

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Because of the HUGE number of names that have been thrown around the past couple days as possibilities for head coach, I thought it might just be easier to make a list of all those coaches who we know would never be our head coach. Here is my list, feel free to add on to it.

1.Bob Stoops- I heard he's afraid of the cold.
2. Pete Carroll- He likes surfing too much.
3. Tim Brewster-I hear he likes the cold too much.
4. Mack Brown- He likes to go to Texans games...can't lure a man like that away from pro sports.
5. Chuch Norris- Another man that it would be hard to drag away from the world of pro sports.
6. My high school coach- Sorry guys, I know you really want him, he did win a DII national championship while in college, but the man is a hawkeye through and through. I suppose if you were to convince JP to change our colors to black and gold, we might have a tiny chance, about one in a million.
7. David Beckham- wrong kind of football guys.

Reactions: Wesley

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Mark Price - We don't have the budget to support his EXTRA curricular activies

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
33's avatar...I'd camp out 3 days beforehand just to get the seats in the student section closest to field level...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
But if he did come here, he'd probably bring along sarah silverman.

I was actually hoping for this guy...would make for a great spwrecial tweams coach...

kim.jpg

Reactions: Cyclonepride

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Because of the HUGE number of names that have been thrown around the past couple days as possibilities for head coach, I thought it might just be easier to make a list of all those coaches who we know would never be our head coach. Here is my list, feel free to add on to it.

1.Bob Stoops- I heard he's afraid of the cold.
2. Pete Carroll- He likes surfing too much.
3. Tim Brewster-I hear he likes the cold too much.
4. Mack Brown- He likes to go to Texans games...can't lure a man like that away from pro sports.
5. Chuch Norris- Another man that it would be hard to drag away from the world of pro sports.
6. My high school coach- Sorry guys, I know you really want him, he did win a DII national championship while in college, but the man is a hawkeye through and through. I suppose if you were to convince JP to change our colors to black and gold, we might have a tiny chance, about one in a million.
7. David Beckham- wrong kind of football guys.

They've both already coached here, so you never know :wink:

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
1.) Homer Simpson-but wouldn't it be great? Woohoo! D'oh! Barney Gumbel for DC and Mo Sislak for OC!

2.) Hugh Hefner. Probably don't need to list the positives here. Think about the recruiting!!! :yes:

GO CYCLONES!!!

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Reportedly we offered the job to Jack Bauer, but the office of risk management didn't think that was such a good idea.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Joe Paterno - He's not actually alive anymore, Penn St. just doesnt care, but I hear JP has that on his list of deal killers.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
One guy actually brought up my name, but I think it would be best if I graduate before making that sort of jump into coaching. I mean, what happens if I hurt myself slamming the clipboard on something? There's not much of a market for a coach who can't get mad and slam a clipboard.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wade Phillips.
Chuck Long.
Roger Staubach.
Ty Willinghham/Charley Weiss/Lou Holtz/any other Notre Dame coach
Jack Hamm
Fred Hoiberg.
Papa Joe.
KFc.
Bull Callahan.
Bobby Bowden.
Lloyd Carr.
Phillip Fuller in his orange jacket.
Dennis Green.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
So you're saying we have a shot at Ditka? **SWEET!!!!

1.Bob Stoops- I heard he's afraid of the cold...

Last edited:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
So you're saying we have a shot at Ditka? **SWEET!!!!

I wrote on Ditka's facebook wall "R U going 2 coach @ ISU" and he wrote back "Da Clones!" :biggrin:

ok, not really. JP asked me to hold off on that because he wants to talk to Ditka himself.