2021 Stock Market

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agreed. Scooped up some last Fall when I saw they were yielding >5.5%... I should've backed up the truck :(

PFG announces earnings soon, no matter if they beat or come up short the stock will go for a quick dive after they report.gotta wait until next round to get those sweet sweet PFG divvy’s though if you make that play.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone1209

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
So I have a Roth IRA with like 13k in it. Does anyone know the taxes if you just buy 2000k of a stock. wait for it to gain 15% then sell. taking that profit and doing it again (hopefully). NEVER taking any money out of the account just putting it into different stocks.

what are the tax implications?
Shouldn't be any income tax ramifications. A gain in a Roth is income tax free. However if you withdraw from your Roth before 59,5, there may be penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.bannedman

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Being in the thread this time last year its crazy the difference if you made some buys this time last year compared to now and held. I bought 257 shares of NAIL last year in the beginning of April and hit 99/share today. Hardest part of the whole market the last 365 days was not seeing the grass being greener with other stocks and to hold.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Being in the thread this time last year its crazy the difference if you made some buys this time last year compared to now and held. I bought 257 shares of NAIL last year in the beginning of April and hit 99/share today. Hardest part of the whole market the last 365 days was not seeing the grass being greener with other stocks and to hold.
People with portfolios of 50 bonds/50 stocks are up about 20 ish% (some higher) in the last 12 mo's. More aggressive portfolios up 30% +. These are years that are hard to come by.

I sometimes think commodities are the next bull market but wth do I know..

Reactions: chadly82

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA

No kidding. Apparently someone has some good intuition here lol. What's your future 20/20 on the next hot stocks?? haha.
I'm eying some, but always like hearing and sharing info.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
None
So I have a Roth IRA with like 13k in it. Does anyone know the taxes if you just buy 2000k of a stock. wait for it to gain 15% then sell. taking that profit and doing it again (hopefully). NEVER taking any money out of the account just putting it into different stocks.

what are the tax implications?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
People with portfolios of 50 bonds/50 stocks are up about 20 ish% (some higher) in the last 12 mo's. More aggressive portfolios up 30% +. These are years that are hard to come by.

I sometimes think commodities are the next bull market but wth do I know..

My Total 1 year return right now is 48.8%. This bubble is going to go poof.

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Agreed - housing prices will correct at some point soon as well (not like 20% or even anything like '08, but some..)

I'm waiting until another pullback of some kind to deploy some cash

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

I work with several economists and they don’t think so. There is so much money out there between stimulus and savings during the pandemic that it has to go somewhere. Most are predicting an economic boom over the next year. It may be propped up, but it makes sense.

• Agree
Reactions: Tri4Cy

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I work with several economists and they don’t think so. There is so much money out there between stimulus and savings during the pandemic that it has to go somewhere. Most are predicting an economic boom over the next year. It may be propped up, but it makes sense.
Yeah I think stocks are overvalued right now, but earnings will keep going up for a bit as people get vaccinated and start traveling, going to dinner, etc. I know delaying all of that has given me a lot more $$ each month to invest.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron