Latest Info Regarding Chizik

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
I'm mad too...but everyone would be a fool not to take the job.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
If this is true, I'm done with ISU for a while. This athletic department is a run-away train heading for an open ravine.

As far as Chizik goes, if this is true then he is worthless. How can a man preach integrity and leave a program in such horrible shape the second another school comes calling.

Last edited:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
If this is true, I'm done with ISU for a while. This athletic department is a run-away train heading for an open ravine.

Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out. You and Gene can cover your pansy-***** together, but I'm staying. I may not be happy, but I'm staying.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
At this point, there is no "great outcome" but this is probably the best thing that could happen. If he stays, he's a lame duck and he's already on thin ice. Pretty much President Bush's last year in office.

With that said, WHY THE HELL would Auburn hire GC? He won 5 games in two years, and his 2nd year looked much worse than his first.

Also, he clearly botched his biggest two decisions in regards to his HC job, with the hires of Bolt and McFarland. That shows that he probably wasn't quite ready for prime time. I guess you could say that at least he had a 2 year warm up for the job, but still a crazy decision if you ask me.

I can't think of anything that would **** Auburn fans off more than firing a pretty good coach and hiring a 5-19 coach.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Can the OSU radio guy go back on record as having said that Chizik meant what he said about not wanting to be at ISU?!?

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Everyone needs to put the knives down.......
Leaving for Auburn is a no brainer for him. He said that he wouldn't be leaving ISU until he built a winning program because he believed that no one would hire him unless he won some games. Well, the suiters came calling a bit before the W's started piling up.
You need to take a long hard look in the mirror if you think that you wouldn't do the same thing.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
If he is leaving it says alot about him as a human being and what his words mean. If that's the case he isn't the type of individual I want leading Iowa State because if it wasn't Auburn it would be South Carolina or someone else next season, better we learn this now.

Spam

May 21, 2008
At least this time you can't say "ISU fans failed to step up"

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I'll personally be surprised if he is chosen. Other candidates include:
Tulsa Coach Todd Graham 17-10
Ball State Coach Brady Hoke
Buffalo Coach Turner Gill
TCU Coach Gary Patterson 72-27
plus four other top asst. coaches.
I'd love to have any of the top four mentioned at Iowa State.

CloneFan03

Mar 18, 2008
Cedar Falls, IA
Wow, so much for these comments a month ago....

"I want to make one thing very, very clear," Chizik said. "You guys have been reporting on me for a year and a half and anybody that knows myself, my wife, my family, they know that we are firmly entrenched here in Ames.

"We love this university, we love who we work for, we love this football team, we love this community."

"We're on a journey here that we will get done," Chizik said. "I'm as happy as I've ever been in the coaching profession."

How much more smoke can he blow up our ***?
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/p...110/SPORTS/711109907/1056/rss02&rssfeed=rss02

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Everyone, you all need to start going to volleyball games. Our team kicks serious ***. It actually makes you feel good.