Latest Info Regarding Chizik

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Gene burned a lot of bridges with this, not only with the entire ISU family but with the two coaches he fired and his two 'friends' that he demoted.

He fired to buy himself time. I doubt he wanted to fire, but did symbolically to find a new gig.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Chizik is/was a great coach and we love him as a fanbase. Let him do whats best for himself and his family without all of the sour grapes.

As a coach he made some mistakes and whos to say he wouldn't make more? I've seen coaches hired at the same time do better jobs in shorter time at programs similar to ISU. Who is to say Chizik wasn't the right guy for THIS job.. Maybe he sees that. Perhaps this is a second chance for us to find the right guy.

I have faith he isn't going to cut and run leaving ISU high and dry. If he does leave, he will leave with class, and we should afford him that dignity as fans.

Godspeed in your decision, Gene.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
I feel sorry for the current players and committed recruits he's lied to, if this is true.

Those "committed" recruits won't be so committed now. Who would keep their commitment to a program without an offensive coordinator, without a defensive coordinator, and a head coach who is interviewing elsewhere?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
im going to go ahead and assume that gene is gone.... so where do we go from here?

Do we offer a HC position to someone young and unproven? I.E. Major Applewhite, Josh Heupel, etc. or do we go for someone experienced as a DC/OC or a small D-1 HC?

CloneBack

Apr 17, 2007
West Des Moines
Chizik is/was a great coach and we love him as a fanbase. Let him do whats best for himself and his family without all of the sour grapes.

As a coach he made some mistakes and whos to say he wouldn't make more? I've seen coaches hired at the same time do better jobs in shorter time at programs similar to ISU. Who is to say Chizik wasn't the right guy for THIS job.. Maybe he sees that. Perhaps this is a second chance for us to find the right guy.

I have faith he isn't going to cut and run leaving ISU high and dry. If he does leave, he will leave with class, and we should afford him that dignity as fans.

Godspeed in your decision, Gene.

blah ... blah ... blah... screw him!!

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Everyone needs to put the knives down.......
Leaving for Auburn is a no brainer for him. He said that he wouldn't be leaving ISU until he built a winning program because he believed that no one would hire him unless he won some games. Well, the suiters came calling a bit before the W's started piling up.
You need to take a long hard look in the mirror if you think that you wouldn't do the same thing.

No, the bitchers are better than anyone else and are currently being babtised for meditation above everyone else...or are too young and have a lot of pashion to know what the real world is about...

This post is dead on!!!!!!!!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
It is. But can you tear yourself away from it? Seriously, ever time I think I've seen it all, this program does itself one better. Honestly, if ISU were a mortuary no one would die.

You've had some doozies today, URBCLONE - thanx for the entertainment!

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Those "committed" recruits won't be so committed now. Who would keep their commitment to a program without an offensive coordinator, without a defensive coordinator, and a head coach who is interviewing elsewhere?
yeah... i have a feeling we are gonna lose out pretty badly on our recruiting class. A lot of those guys said they really like Chiziks honesty and the way he was building the program... not so much anymore

all i have to say is **** Gene for giving up on ISU and i hope that auburn falls flat on its ******* face if he takes the job

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Everyone, you all need to start going to volleyball games. Our team kicks serious ***. It actually makes you feel good.

Definitely. I think it would be better to start investing in the volleyball program and I bet the money goes a lot further.

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Wow, so much for these comments a month ago....

"I want to make one thing very, very clear," Chizik said. "You guys have been reporting on me for a year and a half and anybody that knows myself, my wife, my family, they know that we are firmly entrenched here in Ames.

"We love this university, we love who we work for, we love this football team, we love this community."

"We're on a journey here that we will get done," Chizik said. "I'm as happy as I've ever been in the coaching profession."

And we all thought Danny Mac's coach speak was unbearable. At least Dan just twisted the stats instead of lying point blank.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If he is leaving it says alot about him as a human being and what his words mean. If that's the case he isn't the type of individual I want leading Iowa State because if it wasn't Auburn it would be South Carolina or someone else next season, better we learn this now.

Give me a break. You have to consider that Auburn or Texas were probably his two dream schools.

If ISU was a powerhouse and you had been a DC at ISU and took a HC job at Temple as a stepping stone (yes, we're pretty much at that level right now). Then ISU came calling, you would go too.

Have you ever changed jobs or interviewed for other jobs? If so, by your logic, you're a horrible person.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If this is true, I'm done with ISU for a while. This athletic department is a run-away train heading for an open ravine.

As far as Chizik goes, if this is true then he is worthless. How can a man preach integrity and leave a program in such horrible shape the second another school comes calling.

It appears easy. Like the Browns moving out of town at night in 20 vans.