Latest Info Regarding Chizik

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
CycloneFanatic.com
12/12/08 10:25pm
Copyright 2008
Jeremy Lind

I'm going to prefix this post with a disclaimer that nothing is final at this point, not even between Auburn and their lawyers.

From what I have heard from a couple big donors, the rumor among those that would know first is that Chizik has been offered the job and either has or is expected to accept. This is the prevailing rumor amongst the very big donors but isn't confirmed.

I have also had a couple players let me know that they have no idea what is going on but would not be surprised if Chizik was offered the job and took it based on how things have gone the past 24 hours.

Nothing is final and these are just high-level rumors. Please don't kill the messenger if Auburn goes elsewhere with their decision.

Reactions: A-town Cy

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Chizik's name in Dallas News Story....

From an hour ago...

Texas' Will Muschamp: No interest in Auburn

[SIZE=-1]08:57 PM CST on Friday, December 12, 2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]
[/SIZE]

When he became Mack Brown's designated successor at Texas earlier this season, Will Muschamp said he was willing to wait to become a head coach.
Nothing has changed, Muschamp said Friday, after unfounded broadcast reports linked his name to the head coach opening at Auburn.
"I have not interviewed for any jobs," Muschamp said in a statement. "I'm not interested in any jobs. I'm happy here, my family loves Austin and I'm going to be at Texas."
Normally, Texas doesn't comment on job rumors at other schools.
But WALA-TV (Mobile-Pensacola-Fort Walton Beach) reported that Muschamp was to be named Auburn's head coach Friday. While no announcement was forthcoming, the report received widespread play from print and broadcast outlets, including ESPN.
By Friday afternoon, the report had been taken down on WALA's Web site. It was replaced by an interview with Muschamp emphatically saying there was "zero chance" he will leave Texas for Auburn.
Muschamp served as Auburn's defensive coordinator in 2006 and '07 under the departed Tommy Tuberville before taking a similar position at Texas. He decided to become the Longhorns head coach-designate despite several lucrative openings.
While Tuberville was successful at Auburn, the job carries several red flags. Tuberville enjoyed an uneasy relationship with key boosters. And a key part of the new coach's job will be competing with in-state rival Alabama, which has quickly become an elite program again under Nick Saban.
The job has drawn several interesting candidates. The most recent to surface: Iowa State's Gene Chizik, a former defensive coordinator at Auburn and Texas, and TCU's Gary Patterson, who reportedly interviewed Thursday.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Are these ISU donors or Auburns? What has happened in the last 24 hours besides the rumors or him leaving? Thanks, how could we ever kill you.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
CycloneFanatic.com
12/12/08 10:25pm
Copyright 2008
Jeremy Lind

I'm going to prefix this post with a disclaimer that nothing is final at this point, not even between Auburn and their lawyers.

From what I have heard from a couple big donors, the rumor among those that would know first is that Chizik has been offered the job and either has or is expected to accept. This is the prevailing rumor amongst the very big donors but isn't confirmed.

I have also had a couple players let me know that they have no idea what is going on but would not be surprised if Chizik was offered the job and took it based on how things have gone the past 24 hours.

Nothing is final and these are just high-level rumors. Please don't kill the messenger if Auburn goes elsewhere with their decision.

This is an interesting statement. At least it was a quick cut if this is indeed it.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
ISU donors and also somebody in the athletic department. The past 24 hours was meant that the players have had an unusually hard time getting in contact with the Chizik and rumors had already started swirling amongst themselves that something was up.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
So did we figure out what the buyout amount is that we can push into the coffers for the next coach?

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
So we have until 2014 before we can expect an average 7 win season?

If Chiz goes.....I can understand why he did it, but I hope he lands flat on his face. (7 win season which is termination at Auburn) and we go to the Alamo bowl with a Tim Brewster type prototype...
All that being said I still hope he stays.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I have a hard time seeing why so many fans are so outraged by this. We all knew that we had a good coach on our hands from the first day he stepped on campus, and that at some point a bigger school would come along and grab him. Sure we can be dissapointed that we didn't get a few more wins out of him, but it certainly could be worse.
If we are on the hunt for a new coach, at least we didn't just come off canning our coach. ISU used to be considered a coaching graveyard. This is no longer the case, and I'm ok with bringing in another up-and-comer.

Reactions: Cyclone90

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron