Robert Gallery

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Is there a bigger NFL draft bust in recent memory than Gallery? He's an epic bust, Mandarichian in scale. I like to watch the Raiders just to see him get beat on every play.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Ryan Leaf - #2 Overall Pick 1998 San Diego

Oops Someone beat me to it.
He was bad enough to mention him at least twice

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
Honorable Mention:

Brian Bosworth
Tony Mandarich (sp?)
Rashan Salaam

I'm a bit torn about Gallery.... being a fellow Tri-Rivers Conference alum, it was cool to see a kid from a neighboring team go big time, but then again he was a hawkeye and plays for the raiders. His brother Nick was a helluva an athlete as well. Not sure what is in the water in eastern Buchanan County.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think a good Coach would help Gallery too, and him getting changed from right to left tackle over and over can't help the technique. I think he's gotten jacked around so much it'd be hard to get settled.

I'd actually like the Chiefs to pick him up, I think he definitly has talent and they have a huge need at Tackle.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
:frown3qg:

Wonkadog, what makes you say that??

Uh, probably his disgusting hair and general dirty appearance that would make Pigpen envious. I'm assuming you have some personal connection to him and I'm sure he's a "great" guy but you have to remember that I can't say something good about Hawk players because I have an inferiority complex.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Uh, probably his disgusting hair and general dirty appearance that would make Pigpen envious. I'm assuming you have some personal connection to him and I'm sure he's a "great" guy but you have to remember that I can't say something good about Hawk players because I have an inferiority complex.

You can't be a fan of his since you didn't graduate from UI.

bferin

Jul 14, 2006
Honorable Mention:

Brian Bosworth
Tony Mandarich (sp?)
Rashan Salaam

I'm a bit torn about Gallery.... being a fellow Tri-Rivers Conference alum, it was cool to see a kid from a neighboring team go big time, but then again he was a hawkeye and plays for the raiders. His brother Nick was a helluva an athlete as well. Not sure what is in the water in eastern Buchanan County.

I may think of Mandarich as the number 1 bust.....he was drafted ahead of Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Primetime Sanders. I put him as the number one bust for the same reason that Sam Bowie was number 1 bust in the NBA: drafted ahead of one Mike Jordan.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I may think of Mandarich as the number 1 bust.....he was drafted ahead of Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Primetime Sanders. I put him as the number one bust for the same reason that Sam Bowie was number 1 bust in the NBA: drafted ahead of one Mike Jordan.

Yeah good point with Bowie. I bet Olowakandi is happy that there were only a couple guys in his draft that turned out really well or he'd be bball's worst NBA bust. I guess I don't follow the NBA anymore so maybe he's gotten a little better, but I know for a couple years he was terrible. Hey speaking of Prime Time, remember when that idiot tigershoops31 started that ridiculous thread about him being our new D-backs coach?! That moron got shredded for that one! :eek4wd:

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Yeah, what an idiot. I hear he's now running the winter season frozen ice stand in Garden City by the co-op. Business is not exactly booming...

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I nominate Eric HesAMan Crouch, a bigger bust than higest rated running back of all time, Lawrence Can't mess Up Phillips.