Votes: 193 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 71 26.9%

• Total voters

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am FAR from an expert, but Brock looked to miss some holes. Seemed a bit hesitant approaching the line.
Jirehl got better as the game went on. I think his worst play was actually his first catch in which he tried to truck a defender instead of just bouncing it and getting the first down. He had the angle, and Breece probably would've taken that for 20+ yards. He just needs more reps, but I like what I saw.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Jirehl got better as the game went on. I think his worst play was actually his first catch in which he tried to truck a defender instead of just bouncing it and getting the first down. He had the angle, and Breece probably would've taken that for 20+ yards. He just needs more reps, but I like what I saw.

Yep-- I'd imagine it's alot of stuff you can only get good at with in-game reps.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just had a crazy thought. I’m quite happy with Tom Manning as the OC. But sooner or later, I’m more than a little curious to see Nate Scheelhaase as OC.

Reactions: clonedude

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Manning is the architect behind the #1 rated offense in the Big 12.
I love Manning but this isn't true anymore.

Oklahoma has the most yards per game, points per game, and yards per play (although the last one is very close)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Anyone know Kempt's role in working with Purdy? Does he coach him, or does he pass things on to him that Manning/others are telling him?

It looks like he's very involved. Gordon may be up in the box and Kempt might be the conduit but whatever his role is, he's important. I expect he will be a real staff member in the future.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Since these polls allow you to change your vote, I thought I'd get this back to the first page to see if any of the 69 fans of the 1st place Iowa State Cyclones might want to re-think things.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
There was that one play that was infuriating today (running Kene up the middle on 3rd and about 3 only to get stuffed), but otherwise, thought TM had a decent game called today.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
No doubt Manning called an excellent game today. When Purdy is on, like he has been since the Baylor game, Breece, Charlie, Dylan, Chase, Tarique, and the X man are hard to stop.
Bring on the $ooners.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Could it be the same call that went up the middle for a touchdown? Asking for a friend.

Unsure if it was the same play call or not; but today was 2nd and 7, whereas in the the one in my original post was 3rd and 3, with B. Hall available. Not exactly the same situation.

Having said that, A very good offensive output today. Props to Manning!

• Friendly
Reactions: tolfbfan

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Between this thread and the one started after the Louisiana loss comparing Campbell to Rhoads, there must be a lot of embarrassed posters on here.

Can confirm.

I’ve said it here before and I’ll say it again, I’ve been critical of Manning but I will give him credit where credit is due. He called a great game today. I’ll own up to being an idiot

Last edited:

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
The three TE offense we run is very unique and I don’t think gets enough credit. It’s the reason the run game is so damn effective. They finally figured out the blitz and now have the passing game going. Great adjustments all year and fixing real problems that were plaguing the offense.