Tyrese Haliburton Draft Stock Still on the Rise

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
He just needs to avoid Chicago. I know they have new management and a good coach with Billy Donavan, but its the worst organization in the NBA outside of the Knicks and maybe Sacramento.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If he goes to the Hawks he'll be in the same role as Monte.

True point guard backing up high usage small (by NBA standards) combo guard.

He's a very different type of facilitator than Monte but he's definitely a run the offense kind of guy vs Murray and Trae who are more guys that facilitate while getting their shots up.

Unlike Monte where when he plays next to Murray they become small and not very long, Tyrese could play next to Trae Young without the backcourt being short and lacking length.

Tyrese disrupts passing lanes like no player I've seen at ISU, his defensive potential is probably the biggest untapped area where he could really be great. On offense I think he kind of is where he is and just a question of if/when he gets stronger.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
Modern basketball, for the most part, is not about muscle. KD too skinny?

No, KD dominated in college though, Tyrese is about to be a top 10 pick and i dont ever remember him going off and willing the team to victory over top tier talent. Same with THT if you cant take over in college and just be "the man" then i dont see how you can ever be successful in the NBA.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
No, KD dominated in college though, Tyrese is about to be a top 10 pick and i dont ever remember him going off and willing the team to victory over top tier talent. Same with THT if you cant take over in college and just be "the man" then i dont see how you can ever be successful in the NBA.
Doesn't that depend on how you define "successful"? There are - what? - maybe 10 players in the category of KD in the world, ones that can take over an NBA game for long-ish stretches. I don't think anyone sees Hali with an upside like that but winning teams need a lot of complementary players. His skills may be over-valued a bit this year compared to other years just because it seems to be a weaker draft class.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Had a Fox (on Fox North) draft show on the other night. They had Tyrese going 8th to the Knicks. :(

I wouldn't wish playing for Thibs on my worst enemy.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Sorry to see him go to Sacramento. I hope he can get out of there as soon as possible.

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
I actually kind of like the makeup of the Kings. With Fox, Tyrese, Hield, Barnes and Bagley, they have several players that can shoot, drive and move the ball well. Fox needs to continue working on his shot, and they need to upgrade at C. If they can get a solid C in a sign-and-trade deal for Bogdanovic, they could be at least be fun to watch.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I actually kind of like the makeup of the Kings. With Fox, Tyrese, Hield, Barnes and Bagley, they have several players that can shoot, drive and move the ball well. Fox needs to continue working on his shot, and they need to upgrade at C. If they can get a solid C in a sign-and-trade deal for Bogdanovic, they could be at least be fun to watch.

Playoffs will be a tough task with the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets at the top, and upstarts like the Grizzlies, Suns and Mavericks. Add in Portland with Dame and CJ and the Jazz, and the unknown of the Rockets and Warriors and it's going to be hard to find a way into the Top 8.

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
Playoffs will be a tough task with the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets at the top, and upstarts like the Grizzlies, Suns and Mavericks. Add in Portland with Dame and CJ and the Jazz, and the unknown of the Rockets and Warriors and it's going to be hard to find a way into the Top 8.

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? I just hope we can win a game . . . .

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I saw a note that they want to play small ball, with Barnes at the 4 and Bagley in the middle.

How does Jabari Parker fit? I only saw his name on the roster.