Tyrese Haliburton Draft Stock Still on the Rise

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So, this is on the landing page of ESPN.com this morning. Alas, the content is subscription-only through ESPN+ and I don't get it. Nice to see Hali in a Cyclones jersey as I had my breakfast.

1605007818546.png

If anyone has ESPN+, maybe you can share what they wrote about Tyrese.

Reactions: Snydes

ISUCE

May 9, 2015
Not anything that you haven't seen already. Article has about 6 Tiers of players. Tyrese is in the second tier compared to Lonzo Ball.

I feel like I can write a draft article now as it just seems like one copy and pastes from another.

9104Griffith

Jul 31, 2010
Chicago
So, this is on the landing page of ESPN.com this morning. Alas, the content is subscription-only through ESPN+ and I don't get it. Nice to see Hali in a Cyclones jersey as I had my breakfast.

View attachment 77683

If anyone has ESPN+, maybe you can share what they wrote about Tyrese.

This guy has Ball in a top Tier by himself then has Tyrese in a 2nd Tier with only Edwards, so basically a top 3 pick. Similar analysis as in the past about TH not being as athletic as Edwards but could fit well with team where he doesn't need to be.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This guy has Ball in a top Tier by himself then has Tyrese in a 2nd Tier with only Edwards, so basically a top 3 pick. Similar analysis as in the past about TH not being as athletic as Edwards but could fit well with team where he doesn't need to be.
Interesting. I've seen some recent mocks with Hali going 6th to Atlanta and 10th to Phoenix. Wiseman and Avdija are generally in the top 5. It's a weird year - Edwards, Ball and Wiseman definitely all have some glaring issues with their games so the risk is higher this year for those top teams.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Not anything that you haven't seen already. Article has about 6 Tiers of players. Tyrese is in the second tier compared to Lonzo Ball.

I feel like I can write a draft article now as it just seems like one copy and pastes from another.

"Heady player with a great feel for the game. May never be a star but is as consistent as any player in this draft class. Will need to add additional bulk and athleticism has been a question. Some scouts are concerned with his shooting form, but statistics show that he is a more than capable shooter. Those around him rave about his leadership abilities and other intangibles."

Brett44

Nov 26, 2014
John Hollinger at The Athletic did a mock yesterday where Tyrese went 4th to the Bulls. He said “EVERYBODY likes him” and didn’t expect him to get to Atlanta at 6. He didn’t have any particular info from the Bulls but said he knew he would go high to someone.

Reactions: Snydes

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Dandy's NBA Team Approval for Landing Hailburton:

NBA Draft 1st Round, as of 11/11/2020:
Minnesota - Yes
Golden State - YES
Charlotte - No
Chicago - Yes
Cleveland - No
Atlanta - Yes
Detroit - NO
New York - No
Washington - NO
Phoenix - Yes
San Antonio - Yes
Sacramento - No
New Orleans - Yes
Boston - Yes
Orlando - No
Portland - Yes
Minnesota again - yes
Dallas - YES
Brooklyn - Yes
Miami - Yes
Philadelphia - Yes
Denver - Yes
Utah - Yes
Milwaukee - Yes
Oklahoma City - No
Boston again - Yes
New York again - No
LA Lakers - YES
Toronto - Yes
Boston again again somehow lol - Yes

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Would LOVE to see someone like Dallas move up for Haliburton. Moving around/into the top five for a player worked out pretty well for them last time...

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
For his best chance at success, outside of Golden State, Atlanta is probably the best realistic place for him to land. The Knicks are a dumpster fire, but if he becomes a star in NY, then that would be pretty cool too.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS and Peter

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Haliburton is really interesting, particularly given the rest of the draft. If a team needs an alpha scorer he isn’t going to have the impact a team needs. Though I really doubt it happens, but even at 1, Minnesota needs defense, distribution, and 3 point shooting. I see him fitting what they need better than anyone else in the draft. Again, don’t think there’s a chance it happens.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If he goes to the Hawks he'll be in the same role as Monte.

True point guard backing up high usage small (by NBA standards) combo guard.

He's a very different type of facilitator than Monte but he's definitely a run the offense kind of guy vs Murray and Trae who are more guys that facilitate while getting their shots up.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He is not that good, he is too skinny. Big bust coming...

Most players fill out. Especially really young players.

Not saying he's Kobe but even 19 year old Kobe was skinny.

19 year olds like LeBron are the exception by miles. Even a 19 year old like THT is rather unusual in how solid and athletic he is with a completely grown man physique.

Monte was almost 22 when drafted and he's filled out and increased his muscle since he was drafted. He's still on the small side for a PG but it's not some obstacle he couldn't overcome, he did it.

I'm not saying TH won't be a bust (any player in the top 10 who wasn't a consensus first team all American is an easy bust prediction), but if he stays healthy for a few years with his wingspan I don't think it'll be because he's skinny.

Help Support Us

Become a patron