AP Poll prediction

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yeah once I saw Indiana at #8 that was when I knew I couldn't take it seriously. There are a couple others that I disagree with, and yes I think we should be in there. We lost on the road by 3 to Oklahoma State when they didn't turn the ball over 4 times. Texas, to their credit, got the win but needed 4 turnovers AND a kick return TD to win in OT! They were dominated by OSU most of the day save for a few moments. He is spot on that OSU is going to look back at the Texas loss and shake their heads because they are the better team.

Indiana is 8 because they beat an 0-2 Penn State and Rutgers? Okay.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone defend Coastal Carolina so passionately. Pretty sure it's the only time. In any sport. Or topic.
I mean they won the College World Series in 2016, so they have a pretty big national title to their name recently.

• Informative
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Did they really "murder" us? Too bad we can't get a rematch. Just punt the damn ball out of bounds and squib kick. Problem solved. ;)
If we played them again without half our team just getting a couple of weeks of conditioning because of COVID, I’m pretty sure that’s “problem solved” right there.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587 and Cycho1

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Well since virtually no one ahead of us lost (except Clemson and GA) I predict we hold serve at #17 this week. Oklahoma and SMU both won convincingly so hopefully we don't get jumped.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Well since virtually no one ahead of us lost (except Clemson and GA) I predict we hold serve at #17 this week. Oklahoma and SMU both won convincingly so hopefully we don't get jumped.
Brett McMurphy actually dropped us from 17 to 20. No big deal, the Big 12 standings is what I care about most right now.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’ll guess 19. Yesterday’s performance isn’t going to instill confidence in a lot of eyes.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Oklahoma and SMU both won convincingly so hopefully we don't get jumped.

Although I'm sure a few voters would do such a thing, I wouldn't see logic in it. Yeah, we barely survived Baylor, but it's a win. OU beat KU (big whoop) and SMU beat Temple (ditto) and ISU still has head-to-head over OU. If a voter already had OU/SMU above us, it's fair to keep them there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron