Money suspended?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The City has been a continued resource on all things $$.

It would seem he could easily clear this up.
in all fairness, his reporting in regardst to this topic could be a bit skewed...

Reactions: ISUFan22

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
How can you say this w/out knowing what it is?

I don't know. However we all know how to use the internet and I know there are people on this bored that have been snooping around looking for info on him and the fact that it took almost 2 weeks for someone to find this and bring it up kinda leads me to believe that it may be something internal in their program and not all that big of deal outside of it.

Has anyone heard anything from TheCity or about how the visit went this weekend?

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
it may be something internal in their program and not all that big of deal outside of it.

I'm sure that whatever it's specific to the program, so no one else would care. I don't think anyone thinks he shot at the pope or anything.

But things that only concern the program like academic fraud and things of that nature most certainly speak to whether or not the player should be offered a scholarship.

Could it be that we revoked our offer to him? Maybe we wanted to sit down with him and talk to him face to face about the problem and after that meeting took place, we didn't feel comfortable with our offer.

All speculation, of course, but the City seems strangely absent.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The Money recruiting stuff has been somewhat of a dog-n-pony show around here. This seems only fitting.

An explanation would be nice - but we won't hear both sides - so I'm not sure what good it would do.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
All speculation, of course, but the City seems strangely absent.

people do have lifes outside of cyclonefanatic...he prolly travvelled home on sunday and might even have a job...not everyone sits on cf all daya long while at work/home
Posted via Mobile Device

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
We don't have any room for error on recruiting. Let him walk on and earn a scholarship.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
We don't have any room for error on recruiting. Let him walk on and earn a scholarship.

I trust that Gene will have a good handle on whatever the situation turns out to be. Remember that Shane Beatty was an assistant at Reedy last year before becoming a member of Gene's staff. He should provide a better insight than simply listening to a recruit's coach if there are any character issues involved.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Your way out of line

I don't think I am out of line. I may be misunderstood, I am not comparing this kids behavior to Jason Berryman's, I have no idea what he did. I am comparing Snowcraigs2.0 comment, "...willing to look past whatever transgression took place." to the attitude that got ISU in trouble with Berryman. I guess I should have been more clear. Maybe I misunderstood Snowcraig2.0.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I don't think I am out of line. I may be misunderstood, I am not comparing this kids behavior to Jason Berryman's, I have no idea what he did. I am comparing Snowcraigs2.0 comment, "...willing to look past whatever transgression took place." to the attitude that got ISU in trouble with Berryman. I guess I should have been more clear. Maybe I misunderstood Snowcraig2.0.

I agree. Do you want a program off the field like the one to the east? This staff has little room for error, they dont need problems. Most of the time if you did something once something will happen again. They need to get the fact then make up their minds from there.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
5 wins in two years. Somewhere along the lines chances have to be taken on the recruiting trail IMO. Gene has run a very clean program to this point. I don't think we have to worry about him losing control in that regard.

Reactions: CyGuy33

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Coach Chizik is a man of great character and a fair and honest judge of the composition of a man. I'm so glad we came to sit down and meet him. Everything happens for a reason, the natural reaction of most is to think negative first. I understand that, however there are times where what you assume is way off. This is one of those times. All is well! We really enjoyed Ames, didn't see the Walmart, guess ill see it next time.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
Thank you. Ames was different than I expected for good reason. We are originally from Arkansas, home of the 1st Walmart so yes that's critical to us! Lol.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Thank you. Ames was different than I expected for good reason. We are originally from Arkansas, home of the 1st Walmart so yes that's critical to us! Lol.
Arkansas? What part?

and I agree with one of your previous posts. Too many jump to negative conclusions far too quickly. I'm more than patient to wait it out and get facts rather than speculation. I'm sure it will all be fine, I trust Chizik.

Last edited: