Money suspended?

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
That's high praise for the coach, The City. Glad you made it home safe. Mrs. yCy

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Coach Chizik is a man of great character and a fair and honest judge of the composition of a man. I'm so glad we came to sit down and meet him. Everything happens for a reason, the natural reaction of most is to think negative first. I understand that, however there are times where what you assume is way off. This is one of those times. All is well! We really enjoyed Ames, didn't see the Walmart, guess ill see it next time.

you are right on that and if he thinks your brother will be a good fit for the community/school - he will be in an ISU uniform next season.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Ok, so I am driving to work this morning and I turn the radio on right in the middle of Coach Chizik talking. He brings up Darius's name and makes the comment he would be a receiver and possible back up to QB. I have no clue what the context of the interview was or what was said prior but sounds to me like we might have a commitment.

Did anyone else hear that on KXNO this morning? Or am I way behind current times????

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
I believe he was talking about Darius Darks who played QB in high school. It was in reference to who would play QB if Austin were to go out on Saturday. Gene can not comment on Money until he signs his LOI.

Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Thanks JDDCy. I figured if it was him committing, it would be plastered all over CF. Here I go stoking the fire.

+1 for you...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am glad Thecity came in and stood up and said something. Shows some charecter right there. I was suspended one game in high school for drinking under age. I learned my lesson.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I am glad Thecity came in and stood up and said something. Shows some charecter right there. I was suspended one game in high school for drinking under age. I learned my lesson.

At my school you would've been gone for a while UNLESS you were a star (everyone was doing it of course, you just gotta learn not to get caught!).....

I think what people are saying is that he's a star JUCO player, what could he have done to be suspended for the rest of the year? Usually JUCOs aren't as harda** about it, and also coaches usually have a soft spot for their stars as far as discipline goes.

I'm not saying anything went down that was crazy, but it's not crazy for some to wonder.....

In the end, I know coach will make the right decision and so will Money...

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I understand that, however there are times where what you assume is way off. This is one of those times.

I assume that $$ did something bad to get suspended for the rest of the year. Something more than a minor offense.

Am I way off???

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't think I am out of line. I may be misunderstood, I am not comparing this kids behavior to Jason Berryman's, I have no idea what he did. I am comparing Snowcraigs2.0 comment, "...willing to look past whatever transgression took place." to the attitude that got ISU in trouble with Berryman. I guess I should have been more clear. Maybe I misunderstood Snowcraig2.0.

You misunderstood me. I meant assuming the coaches felt like whatever happened was not a big enough issue to pull his offer. I didn't mean to completely overlook what happened regardless of what it was.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Arkansas? What part?

and I agree with one of your previous posts. Too many jump to negative conclusions far too quickly. I'm more than patient to wait it out and get facts rather than speculation. I'm sure it will all be fine, I trust Chizik.

Me too. I've been holding out from chiming in on this topic until we learn something that's concrete. When you are talking about a kids future and his reputation, I see no need to speculate. I just want to wish him the best in dealing with the situation.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
We likely won't know the facts. Here's what we know:

Money plays at a JUCO.
Money is the best, or one of the best players.
Money was suspended for the remainder of the season.
Money is a 4-star recruit.
Money has no other known offers.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I guess I just don't understand why people are getting so amped up about a Juco kid. I realize he's 4 star, but still ..........He's a Juco kid. I doubt he's the second coming of Seneca Wallace.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
People keep saying that until they know the facts, they won't pass judgment. We're never going to know the facts, so I'm going based on what we do know.

The City could easily clear this up.

So, you're saying we should pass judgment then, because that's all we'll ever know? Here's what I'll assume, if he doesn't come to ISU out of his choice, he thought the Mizzou game was too cold. If he doesn't make it here because we took back the offer, then it was more serious then we thought. If he is here next fall, I have enough faith in Chizik's character to assume it wasn't that big of a deal. I look at how things went with JJ Bass this year and can't help but think Chizik won't let people slide on anything. It's really not going to change my life a whole lot, so, I can wait until we hear something concrete, weather that be a commit to us or him going somewhere else.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm gonna pass judgment right now:

I want Money and his family to be Cyclones and will welcome them here no matter what this situation entails.

The City seems like a good guy, I wish I would have made it up to the game this weekend to meet him.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
We likely won't know the facts. Here's what we know:

Money plays at a JUCO.
Money is the best, or one of the best players.
Money was suspended for the remainder of the season.
Money is a 4-star recruit.
Money has no other known offers.

What you didn't list:
Money was ranked a preseason All American QB.
Money was voted the #1 Juco QB in the country.
Money is the #2 overall best JUCO player in the country. Money is just a 19 year old kid.

Now with that being said, I can't go into detail but no that the issue was non violent, and non drug related, but it was out of his normal character and the people who know him best know that. He is a great kid, lots of personality and fire. When it comes to the game, he hates to lose. But people get insensitive sometimes to the fact that he's just a kid because they are focused on his attributes and his ability. We all say or do things in the heat of the moment that we wish we didn't say later. But this has been the most painful and biggest learning experience of his life. And for that we are truly thankful.

That's all I can really say. Hope this doesn't become a focal point of this site. Its a dead topic with so many people that make decision, thus the reason we flew to Ames to see watch the cyclones and see what type of community it was.

And by the way Arkansas Cyclone we are from North Eastern Arkansas. Oceola, Luxora, and Blytheville.