Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Update on my father.

He is still with us physically, but can no longer speak. We think he understands when spoken to or sung to because he smiles in response, and he responds to yes/no questions by raising his eyebrows once or twice. He has hung on far longer than anyone expected since he stopped eating on the 15th of June, and started refusing water on the 18th. BP is down to 80/50, and he has lost a lot of weight. My sister says the doctors think his endurance is probably due to the treatments he received directly after his surgery. They were loading him up with fluids, packed red cells, and albumin in an effort to flush the anesthesia from his system and shore up his low blood pressure...so he got a big boost just before they moved him to hospice.

My sisters and I have been debating if he is holding out for the 4th of July. His second wife died on the 4th several years ago. They were famous in their 40+ years of marriage for always trying to one-up each other. :)

As for the funeral, the decision was made (pretty much by Texas sis, the oldest of us three) that we would NOT gather to bury him. Texas has been spiking, and her recommendation was to "take care of the living". It's not an easy choice for any of us. Our plan is that when it is safe to travel again, we will join with our cousins and celebrate the lives of our father, and their mother (my mother's best friend - she introduced her to my father's brother). The two families have always been close.

In the meantime, we maintain vigil (one sis at his bedside, two sisters at a distance).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I happened to start reading that tire thread and realized someone had resurrected an 11 year old thread. Then I noticed Wesley had posted in that thread way back when. I checked his profile and he hasn't posted in over 4 years. I knew I hadn't seen anything from him in ages.
So does anyone ever wonder or know what happened to Wesleybot?

I think he might have died. No, really.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I happened to start reading that tire thread and realized someone had resurrected an 11 year old thread. Then I noticed Wesley had posted in that thread way back when. I checked his profile and he hasn't posted in over 4 years. I knew I hadn't seen anything from him in ages.
So does anyone ever wonder or know what happened to Wesleybot?

He's taken on an alt or two.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know, we always get a lot split in preparation for the 4th, hence the mountain of pine. I still think it's too hot at night for a fire, but that's just me.

It's WAY to hot for fires.

I have a box of small apple tree wood, like 2" stuff that would be good for someones chimenea or something. Saved it cause apple. Getting in my way, may have to toss.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Maayyybbbeeee???

Mostly just from shopping there before and chatting with them.

Just curious. The owner’s sister is our sister-in-law so have known them as long as I’ve been with my hubby. Have never had a chance to get down to their store yet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Is this a year from August? Or early in she's like 13 or something

Next year. Although I do have a 13 year old also, he would not be happy if you called him she. I have very few concerns on him. He may be a smarter version of me, which may be a scary thought. My daughter has no attention span so I have walked her through everything to cover any hiccups that there could be. She is not a great standardized test taker so we knew the ACT would be the weak link.

These HS guidance counselors now A days are awful. They get hung up on the smallest, most trivial, of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron