Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Ever since the quarantine stuff started I get multiple emails every day, on my Yahoo account, from Rosetta Stone.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Phone calls at 7 in the morning are never a good thing.

Daddy passed away last night in his sleep, around 11.15p. Lew is sleeping so soundly I don't want to wake him.

I'm not sure how I feel right now. I think I'm going to try to curl up & go back to sleep.
So sorry, KC. I know your Daddy meant so much to you. You try to prepare when it is coming but you never fully can. Just know that there are a lot of people here who love you.

BCClone

Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
I'm now nervous, I know I'm poor with grammar. That means I probably irritate a lot of posters here with my typing.

BoxsterCy

SuperFanatic
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Phone calls at 7 in the morning are never a good thing.

Daddy passed away last night in his sleep, around 11.15p. Lew is sleeping so soundly I don't want to wake him.

I'm not sure how I feel right now. I think I'm going to try to curl up & go back to sleep.
Have a coffee and go walk in your garden.

BTW, picturing that photograph of your dad this morning with his WWII helmet at that jaunty :cool: angle.

Edited out a random double posting error

Last edited:
Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

SuperFanatic
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My FIL is turning 85(6?) tomorrow. My wife and I are driving to Manchester, IA Saturday to have a socially distant visit for a few hours. Tonight I'm making venison jerky for him and my BIL. Papa will make his last a few days. BIL will have his share eaten in about 40 minutes.
The downside of not having a reason to return home (Manchester) anymore is I'd always load the trunk up with Goodwill sort of stuff to donate to the Camp Courageous benefit sale that runs there each year. My mother ran that for years.

BoxsterCy

SuperFanatic
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The vixen's stargazer lily finally bloomed, and it is gorgeous! If I knew how to post a pic from my cell phone, I'd share it. Maybe GR8 or Boxster can help me out.
I don't post from the phone. No reason since I never go anywhere anymore. I usually upload to Google photos, download to laptop and resize in the Windows 10 editor because of restrictive size limits imposed on this bulletin board. Minor pain but only takes a minute or so and it's not like I'm doing much these days.

CloneLawman

A Man For All Seasons
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Location available to all except jeresib
I'm now nervous, I know I'm poor with grammar. That means I probably irritate a lot of posters here with my typing.
Don't sweat it. I'm sure your typing is the least of your worries when it comes to irritating folks on here. :rolleyes:
EDIT: Just funnin' We love ya, man!

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

SuperFanatic
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Meh, no worries, I feed them stuff all of the time. It's not like they are going to starve for lack of correctables. I don't always "see" what I type, I see what I meant. I will see the error on a second or third read (sometimes) but not generally on the first. When you throw my bad typing in on top of my "imaging" issues then every posting is an opportunity for someone to mock me. :oops:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Thank you all for your kind wishes. They are appreciated.
Have a coffee and go walk in your garden.
BTW, picturing that photograph of your dad this morning with his WWII helmet at that jaunty :cool: angle.
Edited out a random double posting error
That's my favorite picture of him. My USAF son called it the "Croooked Bucket" picture, and that has stuck with us all. The other is from last Christmas, when we sent him a soft, velvety Aggie blanket to keep him warm.

upload_2020-7-2_12-39-15.jpeg

CloneLawman

A Man For All Seasons
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Location available to all except jeresib
Thank you all for your kind wishes. They are appreciated.

That's my favorite picture of him. My USAF son called it the "Croooked Bucket" picture, and that has stuck with us all. The other is from last Christmas, when we sent him a soft, velvety Aggie blanket to keep him warm.

View attachment 73240
I can't see the "Croooked Bucket". :(

I can see the second one. ;)