Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The vixen's stargazer lily finally bloomed, and it is gorgeous! If I knew how to post a pic from my cell phone, I'd share it. Maybe GR8 or Boxster can help me out.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The vixen's stargazer lily finally bloomed, and it is gorgeous! If I knew how to post a pic from my cell phone, I'd share it. Maybe GR8 or Boxster can help me out.
You should be able to use the upload a file option. Unfortunately today's cell phones take such high resolution pictures it might be too large.

Sometimes I will text the picture to myself, when you send it in a text it compresses the picture. Then you save it to your phone, it will be in the download folder. Then you can try to use the upload a file option again and select the picture from the download folder.

If that doesn't work I email the picture to myself, open it on my work PC and reduce it in size using MS Paint.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Thought of a few people in this thread while watching this.

That person put in an awful lot of work to make that video.

Gaelic isn't much better than American English

Samhain is pronounced saa - wn
Siobhan is pronounced Shi van

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Phone calls at 7 in the morning are never a good thing.

Daddy passed away last night in his sleep, around 11.15p. Lew is sleeping so soundly I don't want to wake him.

I'm not sure how I feel right now. I think I'm going to try to curl up & go back to sleep.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
That person put in an awful lot of work to make that video.

Gaelic isn't much better than American English

Samhain is pronounced saa - wn
Siobhan is pronounced Shi van
I have had some work interactions with a woman named Siobhan. Guess I couldn't place the origins -- thank you!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Daddy passed away last night in his sleep, around 11.15p. Lew is sleeping so soundly I don't want to wake him.

I'm not sure how I feel right now. I think I'm going to try to curl up & go back to sleep.

My sincerest condolences, KC. It is always hard, and even a slight surprise to the loved ones, no matter the age or circumstances. Prayers and thoughts to you, lew and the rest of your family.

Reactions: oldman

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
It's WAY to hot for fires.

I have a box of small apple tree wood, like 2" stuff that would be good for someones chimenea or something. Saved it cause apple. Getting in my way, may have to toss.
Looks like it's time to smoke some meat.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
My FIL is turning 85(6?) tomorrow. My wife and I are driving to Manchester, IA Saturday to have a socially distant visit for a few hours. Tonight I'm making venison jerky for him and my BIL. Papa will make his last a few days. BIL will have his share eaten in about 40 minutes.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My FIL is turning 85(6?) tomorrow. My wife and I are driving to Manchester, IA Saturday to have a socially distant visit for a few hours. Tonight I'm making venison jerky for him and my BIL. Papa will make his last a few days. BIL will have his share eaten in about 40 minutes.

@BoxsterCy Notice on the location. Oldman, your wife isn't like 6-7 years older than you is she? Maybe we have a CWW?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

We're here when you are.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
@BoxsterCy Notice on the location. Oldman, your wife isn't like 6-7 years older than you is she? Maybe we have a CWW?
No she's 60 (soon to be 61). Her dad used to be one of the main estimators at the UBC lumberyard -- retired back in the late '90s. Last name Brandt.

Reactions: BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

My condolences.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

My Dad - I think - was ready to go. His health was terrible, and he wasn't enjoying life at all. That said, it's still pretty stupefying to think that such a large influence in your life won't be around anymore.

I feel your pain, and join with you in being grateful for a good life well lived and a father who obviously had earned the love of his children.

Reactions: oldman
Status
Not open for further replies.