Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I am here laugh at the lengths clone fans will go in order to hate Iowa.
You mean the racist culture in Iowa's football program? Because that's what this is all about. It's literally in the title of the thread.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Let’s not take stuff out of context.

You missed the point I was trying to make.

I don’t fear realizing the extent that we have all tolerated racism. I hope we all reflect and realize what we’ve done.

What I fear is people are not reflecting on that and are going to get us into a position where we have set an unsustainable standard. I think we have all been guilty of tolerating racism in our lives. It’s easy to say if you tolerated racism you should lose your job but then you are failing to reflect that you too have tolerated racism.

As I have said I don’t know where Kirk Ferentz should fall. I do know that we should have a thorough investigation to see the extent of the allegations. Once we have that we should make a decision. Reacting without all of the facts will cause is to be hypocrites.

I would be shocked if it was the case but imagine the same allegations came out against Campbell. I would be saying the same exact thing. I don’t know what should happen without a thorough understanding of the facts.

Its really not that hard to treat 85 guys the same when it comes to your humanity. It’s actually harder to do what the Iowa football program appears to have done. Which is why it looks terrible.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
When this all started breaking, I gave up on schadenfreude. I didn't want to relish the turmoil of Hawkeye fans, because this is serious stuff we're talking about. And for the most part, I still feel that way.

But then there's a guy like TheBear. And he reminded me why that schadenfreude existed in the first place. He has allowed me to compartmentalize things. I'm able to have serious, compassionate thoughts and discussions about the horrible state of things in the Iowa football program.

And at the same time, I'm able to take great joy in watching him thrash and gnash and bash, as he flails for a way out of the muck that the program is in. I'm able to laugh as he sits there gobbling down spoonful after spoonful of what he insists is "chocolate pudding."

Thank you, The Bear. You gave me my smile back.

Again I don’t condone racism or racist actions. Hate is hate and I find that wrong. What I find troubling is that clone fans are fine with “hate” as long as it is directed at Iowa.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
You mean the racist culture in Iowa's football program? Because that's what this is all about. It's literally in the title of the thread.

I don’t support hate in any form. Does this thread say clone fans feel the same?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
When this all started breaking, I gave up on schadenfreude. I didn't want to relish the turmoil of Hawkeye fans, because this is serious stuff we're talking about. And for the most part, I still feel that way.

But then there's a guy like TheBear. And he reminded me why that schadenfreude existed in the first place. He has allowed me to compartmentalize things. I'm able to have serious, compassionate thoughts and discussions about the horrible state of things in the Iowa football program.

And at the same time, I'm able to take great joy in watching him thrash and gnash and bash, as he flails for a way out of the muck that the program is in. I'm able to laugh as he sits there gobbling down spoonful after spoonful of what he insists is "chocolate pudding."

Thank you, The Bear. You gave me my smile back.
Stop being logical.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t support hate in any form. Does this thread say clone fans feel the same?

Shut up. Go away. Take your L and move on with your life in a way that doesn’t have Iowa State University or anything affiliated or related to it as the most important thing in your life.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Again I don’t condone racism or racist actions. What I find troubling is when clone fans are fine “hate” as long as it is directed at Iowa.
Again, you are choosing to ignore the fact there have been very similar threads for Baylor (multiple actually), Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State. The only difference? Those fans didn't come on here spewing nonsense. Of course more people are going to comment on here when you keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Definitely a funny side to this is that many Iowa fans legitimately think they will get Bob Stoops if something happens to KF.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If this happened at ISU, the last thing I would be doing is deflecting or posting whataboutisms. I would be disgusted and calling for everyone's head. I sure as **** wouldn't be on Iowa's board spouting justifications.

Yep. Could you imagine the majority of this board defending our freaking strength and conditioning coach like many Iowa fans are? If so, there would be PLENTY of people on CF calling them out for doing so.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
That was an entertaining ten pages or so...pretty much every poster on the ISR forum calling @TrianglePlace an idiot and telling him he was wrong, only to find out that he was right all along. Classic.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There is one thread where Iowa fans are talking about how things are happening in programs other than Iowa. I have also seen it in the threads on the subject.

Quick question for you, if Iowa keeps KF and how he handles things in the coming months makes Iowa stronger than they are now what will the response be on this site?

My guess is clone fans will be more pissed than ever at Iowa and the hate will go to a whole new level. Some here will have their heads explode.

You know, you're right. This whole story should be about the ISU fanbase. Nothing to see inside of Fort Kinnick folks! All good here! But you should see what these clonies are saying!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That was an entertaining ten pages or so...pretty much every poster on the ISR forum calling @TrianglePlace an idiot and telling him he was wrong, only to find out that he was right all along. Classic.
I gotta had it to you I enjoy your classy lies.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Again, you are choosing to ignore the fact there have been very similar threads for Baylor (multiple actually), Penn State, Michigan State, Ohio State. The only difference? Those fans didn't come on here spewing nonsense. Of course more people are going to comment on here when you keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.

What nonsense have I spewed? Not what you interpret as nonsense but actual nonsense?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
So where are all the clone fans out demanding the firing of coaches from the other programs? Or do I wait until after their post for that to come forth?

Where have the clone fans demanded the firing of coaches in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron