Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
No, the Iowa media just had the wrong info. Shocking your source within the program didn’t tell you that.
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 12.51.32 PM.png
Isn't this what everyone on this board has been implying?? Kirk's control-freak rule that everyone has been bashing was, in fact, a rule. In light of the events of the past few days, in an attempt to not look so bad, the rule has now been lifted.

What exactly are you arguing, Brodie?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
View attachment 72587
Isn't this what everyone on this board has been implying?? Kirk's control-freak rule that everyone has been bashing was, in fact, a rule. In light of the events of the past few days, in an attempt to not look so bad, the rule has now been lifted.

I’m not arguing anything. The “one tweet a month” rule was obviously lifted sometime yesterday or the week prior. @TrianglePlace correctly pointed this out, and nearly every poster on this site was telling him he was wrong and that the “one tweet a month” rule was still in effect. They were all wrong, and @TrianglePlace was right.

Some posters even went so far as to claim that Iowa players tweeting multiple times was an act of defiance against Ferentz, challenging him to enforce the rule in light of the current situation. Nope, turns out all of you were just wrong.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
View attachment 72587

To paraphrase Sunday at 5 PM - Kirk Ferentz "**** is hitting the fan we better let the players tweet to make ourselves look less controlling. But mark my words, when this dies down those tweeting will pay"

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I’m not arguing anything. The “one tweet a month” rule was obviously lifted sometime yesterday or the week prior. @TrianglePlace correctly pointed this out, and nearly every poster on this site was telling him he was wrong and that the “one tweet a month” rule was still in effect. They were all wrong, and @TrianglePlace was right.
You are still missing the point.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Put all this in context -
Colin K kneels during the anthem to protest policy brutality and vast numbers of white folks whine that he's disrespecting the flag and then he's blackballed from the NFL. Pretty much since then things have remained the same and black folks continue to be abused by police.

Then, a black man is murdered, yes murdered by a white police officer, and we all see the blatant act on video. A county attorney, after some time, files a third degree murder charge. Protests occur due to this poor justice. Finally, during the protests, there is some property damage.

And now, we're seeing some movement towards solviing police brutality.

No one likes riots and looting, but it does get people's attention. Maybe if white america had been listening to what our black and brown brothers and sisters have been telling us about all these decades, we wouldn't be here.

Many white folks want black protesters to protest in a certain way.....not by kneeling, not by protesting, etc., but in a way the doesn't threaten the systems of white supremacy and privilege that exist in the US.

We saw the same thing in this thread. Folks are going crazy about some graffiti on Niles Kinnick statute but they don't do anything that to resolve the root cause.

Someone posted, maybe you, an analogy to a child's temper tantrum. The comparison was just plain crap.

Every time our black and brown brothers and sisters step outside they know that their lives are not as valued as white lives. (Even when they're in their own home too.) This is a life and death situation for them. A temper tantrum certainly is not, and neither is some paint on a statue of a football player that white folks worship.

Listen to what minorities are telling us. And if you're white don't tell people of color how they should behave.
A whole lot of stereotyping here. You are ignoring the facts that (1) not all white people think that way, and (2) there are a fair number of blacks and other minorities that do think that way. There are blacks who opposed kneeling for the national anthem. There are blacks who want the protests to remain peaceful, and oppose the rioting and looting. There are blacks who appreciate Nile Kinnick and don't like how it was vandalized. Believe it or not, there are even a lot of blacks who don't support the BLM movement due to their tactics. This attitude of "it's all you white people's fault" is not helping at all. Focus on the individual racists instead of categorically implying that most white people are racists.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
??? Care to explain that a bit? How is me being appalled by the 3 dozen plus accusations coming from Hawkeye football players, shedding light on perceived racial inequality in the program equated to me being fine with hate?

I take it you don't have much experience with this Bear fella if you're expecting anything enlightening to come from him...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There is one thread where Iowa fans are talking about how things are happening in programs other than Iowa. I have also seen it in the threads on the subject.

Quick question for you, if Iowa keeps KF and how he handles things in the coming months makes Iowa stronger than they are now what will the response be on this site?

My guess is clone fans will be more pissed than ever at Iowa and the hate will go to a whole new level. Some here will have their heads explode.
I honestly don't know how Iowa is going to respond to all of this. More stuff keeps coming out about every hour regarding these issues so I think we should wait for everything to come out before trying to believe Iowa's program is going to rally around the coach who allowed misconduct within their program, primarily towards African Americans.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Again I don’t condone racism or racist actions. Hate is hate and I find that wrong. What I find troubling is that clone fans are fine with “hate” as long as it is directed at Iowa.

Drunk driving kills a lot of people, but it also helps people get to work so who can really say if it's bad or not.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
A whole lot of stereotyping here. You are ignoring the facts that (1) not all white people think that way, and (2) there are a fair number of blacks and other minorities that do think that way. There are blacks who opposed kneeling for the national anthem. There are blacks who want the protests to remain peaceful, and oppose the rioting and looting. There are blacks who appreciate Nile Kinnick and don't like how it was vandalized. Believe it or not, there are even a lot of blacks who don't support the BLM movement due to their tactics. This attitude of "it's all you white people's fault" is not helping at all. Focus on the individual racists instead of categorically implying that most white people are racists.

We cant focus on individual rascists if we want to solve the problem. It's systemic, it's permeated throughout our culture in places we might not even recognize. Finding your own anecdotes about specific people who have this or that opinion doesn't really hold weight.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I pay a $5 royalty to the U of I every time I wave at someone.
*A team wears black*
HOK: HEY! WE DID THAT FIRST!

*A team runs out holding hand*

*A coach gets in trouble for being racist*

Status
Not open for further replies.