Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
You are losing it Bear. You may want to sit this one out until your temper cools off a bit.
So tell me all about Iowa’s twitter ban and when it was lifted and why it was lifted. Give me a timeline if you know everything there is to know about it.

Or keep claiming to know things that simply aren’t true. CyTwins is good at that. Do you just follow his lead?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don’t in any way condone racist activity. If that occurred I expect those individuals to be held accountable for it. Are clone fans demanding Dabo’s firing for using the n-word? How about the FSU coach or the coach at Utah? Are clone fans going to rally around each and every incident that is reported or are you all going to just worry about Iowa?
If this happened at ISU, the last thing I would be doing is deflecting or posting whataboutisms. I would be disgusted and calling for everyone's head. I sure as **** wouldn't be on Iowa's board spouting justifications.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
There is one thread where Iowa fans are talking about how things are happening in programs other than Iowa. I have also seen it in the threads on the subject.

Quick question for you, if Iowa keeps KF and how he handles things in the coming months makes Iowa stronger than they are now what will the response be on this site?

My guess is clone fans will be more pissed than ever at Iowa and the hate will go to a whole new level. Some here will have their heads explode.

This post is profoundly instructive as to how hok fans view Kirk. Kirk is in total control of everything, without any oversight or accountability to anyone. And they are just fine with that.

JoePa all over again.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
If this happened at ISU, the last thing I would be doing is deflecting or posting whataboutisms. I would be disgusted and calling for everyone's head. I sure as **** wouldn't be on Iowa's board spouting justifications.

If you are reading my posts as spouting justifications then that is on you.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
This post is profoundly instructive as to how hok fans view Kirk. Kirk is in total control of everything, without any oversight or accountability to anyone. And they are just fine with that.

JoePa all over again.

Where did I say this? Or is this just clone fan reading what they want to read?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Do I need to look at ignored stuff?
He's digging his precious Hawkeyes in a deeper hole than they were already in by trying to justify everything that has gone on. Your choice to unblock him but if its to avoid his nonsense, I would keep him blocked.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I took it to be former players and assumed he is fishing for positive comments to use as reinforcement if anything is tossed at him.
After reading the Dodd article, it was NOT former players but current players. I still believe he was attempting to gather positive material to use in his defense, but who among us wouldn't. As a Cyclone fan, I hope KF steps down because he has been a good coach (football wise, apparently not in all other depts) and I think Barta will do worse with a replacement. Personally, I think KF is not too bad of a person, just comes off as pretty smug and arrogant (kind of like their fanbase).

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
He's digging his precious Hawkeyes in a deeper hole than they were already in by trying to justify everything that has gone on. Your choice to unblock him but if its to avoid his nonsense, I would keep him blocked.

I am? I asked if you knew the timeline for the Iowa twitter ban and the drivers around it to see if your vast knowledge and understanding actually match up with reality.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
When this all started breaking, I gave up on schadenfreude. I didn't want to relish the turmoil of Hawkeye fans, because this is serious stuff we're talking about. And for the most part, I still feel that way.

But then there's a guy like TheBear. And he reminded me why that schadenfreude existed in the first place. He has allowed me to compartmentalize things. I'm able to have serious, compassionate thoughts and discussions about the horrible state of things in the Iowa football program.

And at the same time, I'm able to take great joy in watching him thrash and gnash and bash, as he flails for a way out of the muck that the program is in. I'm able to laugh as he sits there gobbling down spoonful after spoonful of what he insists is "chocolate pudding."

Thank you, The Bear. You gave me my smile back.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Then why are you here? Why do you care what we're saying? This is one of those "take a knee" situations.
It takes a special type of fan to go to a rival message board to justify this crap. I'm just imagining him anger typing away on his keyboard not understanding how we don't agree with him.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don’t hate the University of Iowa.

However, Hawkeye is and will forever be, the lamest Avenger....

Status
Not open for further replies.