Iowa Football Recruiting

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I can tell you have never played on the line or even football for that matter.. if you think that was holding.. typical Iowa fans with no knowledge of football.

You only see what you want to see. If you truly believe the officials stole the game from isu you’re as delusional as CyTwins.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Arguing about holding/non-holding calls in football is useless. Could and could not be called on every single play. It is just the way the game is.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
and there it is. Just as I expected motorcy sees only what he wants to see. The back isn’t where the hold is. The back in the play and no impact at all. The hold was by the lineman grabbing and pulling AJ’s left shoulder downward. So as I said previously there were multiple linemen holding on the play you are crying about.

Look isu still got to replay the down. If you were the better team then isu would have executed. They didn’t and Iowa won.

Hawk troll on CF, idiot on CF, and now you are doing color commentary pulling up screen shot of plays on holding calls to try and prove your point. Get a life and get some help dude!! The "obsession" is way too real for you.

1hWc.gif

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Hawk troll on CF, idiot on CF, and now you are doing color commentary pulling up screen shot of plays on holding calls to try and prove your point. Get a life and get some help dude!! The "obsession" is way too real for you.

1hWc.gif

I only posted the pics because Motorcy was demanding them.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Arguing about holding/non-holding calls in football is useless. Could and could not be called on every single play. It is just the way the game is.

Absolutely correct, which was the entire point I was making when motorcy was demanding that I provide pics.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
That's text book blocking. How about you point blank point out where the hold is at?

When the pads are lifted off the player shoulders holding is an appropriate call. When you grab someone’s arm pull it down and stop the players movement it is also appropriate to call holding.

Are you arguing that the only reason isu lost was due to the officials?

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When the pads are lifted off the player shoulders holding is an appropriate call. When you grab someone’s arm pull it down and stop the players movement it is also appropriate to call holding.

Are you arguing that the only reason isu lost was due to the officials?
Iowa State lost because we failed to make a couple of key plays on defense that most likely would've iced the game and our special teams completely s*** the bed on that punt return.

The call in my eyes was bad, however it wasn't the determining factor nor should be the reason any Iowa State fan says we lost.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Iowa State lost because we failed to make a couple of key plays on defense that most likely would've iced the game and our special teams completely s*** the bed on that punt return.

The call in my eyes was bad, however it wasn't the determining factor nor should be the reason any Iowa State fan says we lost.
Exactly. It's frustrating to watch some of our fans claim that call cost us the game. Both teams got away with stuff that penalties could've been called on. It's football it happens. People also forget that Purdy threw a terrible pass like a play or two after that holding call on fourth down.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Exactly. It's frustrating to watch some of our fans claim that call cost us the game. Both teams got away with stuff that penalties could've been called on. It's football it happens. People also forget that Purdy threw a terrible pass like a play or two after that holding call on fourth down.
Yeah I mean that throw by Purdy didn't matter whether it was incomplete or an interception because either way we had another chance to get the ball back and possibly score. We all know why that never happened lol.

But yes. That call was not in the last seconds or anything like that. There was a lot of football to be played after that and we failed to execute. Now, if the call would've been like the Kansas State call in 2017, then there'd be some reason to be upset because that literally would've ended the game, but it wasn't. So let's put it to rest that the holding call, although most likely not the right call, was the sole reason we lost.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Special teams lost ISU that game without question. Not only the punt return disaster, but Iowa’s only TD was set up by both an 11 yard KR from the endzone followed by a 19 yard punt. Those mistakes are what handed the game to the Hawks. The refs were just terrible the whole time all around.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I see Iowa offered Harlan 2022 prospect Will McLaughlin today. Apparently he grew up an Iowa State fan and is interested in Ag in college, but said today’s offer from Iowa was his biggest offer yet. Will be interesting to see how his recruitment plays out.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Purdy fumbling on 2nd down at the Iowa 25 and giving away at least 3 and possibly 7 points was pretty big. As was his miss to your wide open TE in the back of the end zone in the 4th qtr, that should've been 7 points, would've put you guys up 21-15 instead of settling for a FG.

Last edited:

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I see Iowa offered Harlan 2022 prospect Will McLaughlin today. Apparently he grew up an Iowa State fan and is interested in Ag in college, but said today’s offer from Iowa was his biggest offer yet. Will be interesting to see how his recruitment plays out.

Grew up an ISU fan? Where do you see that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron