RECRUITING: What I'm hearing ... 4-11-20 PM update

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
People are telling me that if Carton does decide to continue playing he’s a big risk because he won’t make it through another season. I think that actually helps us because we’re desperate.

I don't think signing Carton would be a desperate move. I would only view it as a desperate move if Carton was a team cancer while at OSU. I do not know what his mental health issues are, but I view Prohm going after Carton as a similar move as Hoiberg bringing in Royce White. And probably a less desperate move than bring in DeJean-Jones.

Just about every recruit poses some type of risk. Ranging from being a bust, to being a team cancer, to transferring before they finish 4 years.

If ISU would sign Carton, I think that would be a positive for both Carton & ISU. IMO ISU has a history of doing what is best for it's student athletes- White & Lard would be examples. If Carton would sit a year, that would give him a year to focus on the academic side of college. And allow him to integrate into the team environment while being out of the spotlight.

Reactions: WhoISthis

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Anonymous sources
Funny how CW just posted a new thread about DeJulius after I posted about it. I understand why you might question my sources, that's fine, but you know CW has sources, so it turns out I was right.

Reactions: WhoISthis

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't think signing Carton would be a desperate move. I would only view it as a desperate move if Carton was a team cancer while at OSU. I do not know what his mental health issues are, but I view Prohm going after Carton as a similar move as Hoiberg bringing in Royce White. And probably a less desperate move than bring in DeJean-Jones.

Just about every recruit poses some type of risk. Ranging from being a bust, to being a team cancer, to transferring before they finish 4 years.

If ISU would sign Carton, I think that would be a positive for both Carton & ISU. IMO ISU has a history of doing what is best for it's student athletes- White & Lard would be examples. If Carton would sit a year, that would give him a year to focus on the academic side of college. And allow him to integrate into the team environment while being out of the spotlight.

Its not that kind of mental illness. It seems like it’s not anxiety or OCD or one of the common afflictions.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Getting Carton with him sitting a year is absolutely viable. The bottom of the roster was trimmed. The four returning and we hope Johnson can play. Add a very good recruiting class and hitting on two immediately eligible transfers and all the pieces are there for a solid rotation.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Funny how CW just posted a new thread about DeJulius after I posted about it. I understand why you might question my sources, that's fine, but you know CW has sources, so it turns out I was right.

In regards to Carton what are you hearing? Word is we are clearly one of two or three favorites for Dejulius. Would you describe a similar feeling on Carton or are we just one of several players right now?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
My sources are saying we are in great position for DeJulius. Carton still in the mix too.
Yes and yes! Now those two are program changers.

We’ll over-perform next year as the freshmen learn and get adjusted. Then, we’ll be prime for these two to lead us on a run through the Tournament!

Reactions: isutrevman

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Yes and yes! Now those two are program changers.

We’ll over-perform next year as the freshmen learn and get adjusted. Then, we’ll be prime for these two to lead us on a run through the Tournament!

Don't follow basketball much, but a kid that averaged 7 ppg at Michigan is a program changer? Serious question, not being an ass.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
In regards to Carton what are you hearing? Word is we are clearly one of two or three favorites for Dejulius. Would you describe a similar feeling on Carton or are we just one of several players right now?
We are just one of several players in Carton. We at least have a chance but I don’t think anyone knows where he’s leaning for sure right now. He’s less predictable. We are the favorites fit Dejulius though.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Don't follow basketball much, but a kid that averaged 7 ppg at Michigan is a program changer? Serious question, not being an ass.
game changer no, there are very few of those out there...he would be a solid addition and certainly an upgrade to what we had on the roster