Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
giphy.gif

GIF of the Day

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
My sources are saying we are in great position for DeJulius. Carton still in the mix too.

People are telling me that if Carton does decide to continue playing he’s a big risk because he won’t make it through another season. I think that actually helps us because we’re desperate.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
It's like breaking up with your girlfriend to go on Spring Break and then coming back and trying to get back together.

But he didn't even get to experience the sheer joy of hanging out on a beach for a week, drinking copious amounts of alcohol, and hooking up with a hot chick named Kendra from Wake Forest, that would be akin to playing at Hilton.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
People are telling me that if Carton does decide to continue playing he’s a big risk because he won’t make it through another season. I think that actually helps us because we’re desperate.

Reminds me of some of the rationale behind the Hoiberg transfers. A lot of those guys knew it was their last chance to make a name for themselves.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
But he didn't even get to experience the sheer joy of hanging out on a beach for a week, drinking copious amounts of alcohol, and hooking up with a hot chick named Kendra from Wake Forest, that would be akin to playing at Hilton.

Kendra... the gift that keeps on giving.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Oh come on, did I really need to use a jimlad?

Dumb rating rescinded. A reminder that message board and even texting communication doesn’t always translate.

As far as the bashing, I’m not sure what Prohm (or Missouri and Marquette for that matter) are supposed to do about a kid having a change of heart. Plenty of things to be upset with Steve over, but this isn’t one of them.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Reminds me of some of the rationale behind the Hoiberg transfers. A lot of those guys knew it was their last chance to make a name for themselves.

A little different scenario in that I’ve been told that his mental illness is truly debilitating. No one has come out and said it but the way they say it (like in a sad way) makes me think something serious.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Should we get Jacob Toppin just to troll Iowa fans lol. I'm kidding..... sort of...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think its a product of players not being able to take any visits. The choice is to stay at their current school, or gamble on going somewhere they've probably never been to in their life.

Admittedly, I really only follow the kids we are in on but has this been that common? I know we had two kids make this decision but plenty of schools are getting kids to sign.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
People out there are pretty confident DeJulius will get to play next year.

That's interesting DeJulius playing PG next year could be just as impactfull as Turner IMO. It would be a short back court it would move Burton off ball and be pretty dynamic offensively with two guards who threaten at all points of the court.