The Fran fade

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I don't doubt that you may get a "decent" transfer player but if you're counting on a real game changing impact type player you are setting yourself up for disappointment. A starter but not a 1st or 2nd team BIG 12 type player.
We just need a solid, experienced player to help the young guys and round out the team. I think we will surprise some people next year.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not on the same level when discussing bad losses.
Oh. So bad losses now are graded by Hawkeyes? Suck me sideways kid.

Your resume of **** face losses are so profound I am baffled you are standing in front of me flailing. In all seriousness you lived in the darkness on lickharder. Back the **** off. Holy ****.

You people baffle me at times. Your program was literally the base case for dumpster fires. Call me when ya'll win something other than your superbowl and luka getting props. Later fuctard.

Lemme guess triggered? I will take that. You must accept your fucktardary.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

Your resume of **** face losses are so profound I am baffled you are standing in front of me flailing. In all seriousness you lived in the darkness on lickharder. Back the **** off. Holy ****.

You people baffle me at times. Your program was literally the base case for dumpster fires. Call me when ya'll win something other than your superbowl and luka getting props. Later fuctard.

Wow. You must be quarantined?

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Same
Others say Prohm is gone if no NCAA tourney next year.
Same thing Iowa fans were saying about Fran as recently as post-DePaul game in November and for the last 1-2 years. Let's see how it plays out in the next year or two for Prohm. You busters are a 20-11, four way tie for 5th place year removed from being in a similar situation- it ain't like Fran has been lighting it up for ten years at Iowa.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Same

Same thing Iowa fans were saying about Fran as recently as post-DePaul game in November and for the last 1-2 years. Let's see how it plays out in the next year or two for Prohm. You busters are a 20-11, four way tie for 5th place year removed from being in a similar situation- it ain't like Fran has been lighting it up for ten years at Iowa.
Fran had a rough 17-18 season but other than that he hasn't really been that close to the hot seat. He followed that with 2 pretty decent seasons. Prohm has had miserable seasons 2 of the last 3 years. If he comes back and wins less than 15 or 16 games again next year he probably doesn't get another season. 3 out of 4 seasons being a train wreck would be a trend.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013

UnpleasantAlarmingAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
I
Fran had a rough 17-18 season but other than that he hasn't really been that close to the hot seat. He followed that with 2 pretty decent seasons. Prohm has had miserable seasons 2 of the last 3 years. If he comes back and wins less than 15 or 16 games again next year he probably doesn't get another season. 3 out of 4 seasons being a train wreck would be a trend.
I agree- if Prohm doesn't win 15 or 16 next year he is probably gone (and probably should be) but I think it's very naive to think that your fanbase hasn't been calling for Fran's head several times over his ten years. Remember the press release about his extension less than 24 hours after the Hawks got their ... handed to them at Va Tech? Don't think too many were believing in Fran at that point. The very title of this thread- the Fran fade? Every time February has rolled around and the Hawks collapsed, you haven't had to look too hard to find plenty who didn't think he was the answer. When Foster committed and Fran was "landing" the twins? Post DePaul game reactions in November? Two years ago and this year WERE "train wrecks" for ISU, but what's more funny is Fran has had train wrecks WITHIN seasons where all was going well and then, CRASH! Come on now, if you think Hawk fans haven't voiced plenty of displeasure over Fran over the years, then I can't help you. I'll still take ISU's performance over the last decade over Iowa's- no embarrassing meltdowns by our coaches, trips to the Sweet 16, conference tournament titles, and a better head to head record. .

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Luka isn't going to win it next year. This year is his best chance hence the begging for votes
With Jorbo back in the lineup, Luka will not get as many shots per game. Add to that, Patrick will be in the lineup jacking up shots. Luka's scoring average will take a hit.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

How could he be with that huge buyout? Barta would be stupid to get rid of him. But then again, Barta has done some really stupid things as an AD. One of which is the contract extension.

I guess you just forgot about the 14-19 season he had about 3 years ago. Continue to sugar coat your posts.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
How could he be with that huge buyout? Barta would be stupid to get rid of him. But then again, Barta has done some really stupid things as an AD. One of which is the contract extension.

I guess you just forgot about the 14-19 season he had about 3 years ago. Continue to sugar coat your posts.

Forget about it? I just mentioned it. I've been disappointed with Fran at times but as far as performance goes he's just had back to back good/decent seasons and is probably going to have a 3rd in a row next year. Prohm is not trending in the right direction. He's on the hot seat and should be. If Fran's seat gets hot it would be more likely be behavior related rather than team performance.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron