The Fran fade

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Fran had a rough 17-18 season but other than that he hasn't really been that close to the hot seat.

I guess you just forgot about the 14-19 season he had about 3 years ago. Continue to sugar coat your posts.

Forget about it? I just mentioned it. I've been disappointed with Fran at times but as far as performance goes he's just had back to back good/decent seasons and is probably going to have a 3rd in a row next year.

Good god you are a horrible poster on here!! Continue to sugar coat!!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
What the hell am I wrong about? Prohms seat is hot and Frans isn't at this point.
I, for one, have no problem with that. You can keep Fran for eternity - he is a hothead who lacks class - and his oldest son & wife are of the same ilk. Your team had two good years - but last season, especially, showed classless behavior x1000 ("that cheatin' MoFo ref").

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What the hell am I wrong about? Prohms seat is hot and Frans isn't at this point.

"Fran had a rough 17-18 season but other than that he hasn't really been that close to the hot seat."

Pretty sure Fran's hemorrhoids were a tad itchy after in 2017-2018, but you weren't wrong about that though, only the trying 18-17 season you talk about.

upload_2020-3-26_15-4-29.png

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
I, for one, have no problem with that. You can keep Fran for eternity - he is a hothead who lacks class - and his oldest son & wife are of the same ilk. Your team had two good years - but last season, especially, showed classless behavior x1000 ("that cheatin' MoFo ref").
Ditto- Fran and his family are an embarrassment to the university and he has won 58% on his games. What's his top league finish? 4th? He has never won more than one game in a Big Ten or NCAA tourney. His most wins in a season came in the NIT run- 25- so he piled them up in a secondary tournament. He is not in Tom Davis territory. And, as others have mentioned on here, the Hawks finally, after ten years of Fran, have had a clearly better season than ISU. But, man, have they come out of the woodwork this year to make up for lost time and remind us of their greatness. Go ahead and keep him- because if ISU is better in nine of the next ten seasons, I can live with that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And I am very happy about that part. His lack of class perfectly represents iowa and its fans.
I don't think fans like Fran. I think they've been putting up with him and this year things went well so they're trying to talk themselves into thinking he's not so bad. Had Iowa been down this year, their opinions of him would be very down. Two years ago there were Iowa fans absolutely furious when he got a contract extension.

Like I said before, wait till J-Bo, Garza, and JW leave, and we'll see a complete flip in mentality towards him.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
Iowa fans are so neurotic + fickle. I am probably being kind there. They are always one bad loss away from "Fire Fran" or "Fire Ferentz" or "bench Conner", etc.

In spite of ISU's 20 loss season, I like Prohm and really hope he can turn things around next year. Unlike McCaffery, Prohm seems like a class guy and represents Iowa State very well.

The other thing that baffles me about Iowa fans is their delusion that this ONE decent year (20-11 and tied for 5th) suddenly makes them relevant nationally. Let's face it, playing in a league with an unbalanced schedule is a huge advantage, and Iowa managed to go 11-9.

I shudder to think how they would react to the type of years ISU had from 99-01.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa fans are so neurotic + fickle. I am probably being kind there. They are always one bad loss away from "Fire Fran" or "Fire Ferentz" or "bench Conner", etc.

In spite of ISU's 20 loss season, I like Prohm and really hope he can turn things around next year. Unlike McCaffery, Prohm seems like a class guy and represents Iowa State very well.

The other thing that baffles me about Iowa fans is their delusion that this ONE decent year (20-11 and tied for 5th) suddenly makes them relevant nationally. Let's face it, playing in a league with an unbalanced schedule is a huge advantage, and Iowa managed to go 11-9.

I shudder to think how they would react to the type of years ISU had from 99-01.

Not to burst your bubble but ISU fans are just as bad. Now the schedule they get every is a joke, that must be rough.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013

giphy.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Tell that to Jordan, Connor and Patrick
I have tons of respect for Luka in that he hasn't been moping around about this, nor has he gone public about it. He obviously reads everything and is upset he didn't win some of these awards, but he just got back in the gym and let the Twitter gladiators take care of everything for him.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I have tons of respect for Luka in that he hasn't been moping around about this, nor has he gone public about it. He obviously reads everything and is upset he didn't win some of these awards, but he just got back in the gym and let the Twitter gladiators take care of everything for him.
He comes across as the type of kid that will use this to motivate him.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

I can't help but think if only Cam Lard had 1/10 of the attitude and work ethic.....

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

You're talking about the most decorated player the state of Iowa has ever seen. Of course he will use it as motivation for next year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron