The Fran fade

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
"I would do the same again" sure illustrates just how serious he is. Don't see that every day. Most people would randomly change their vote.
Wasn't Rob Howe afraid to ask Fran tough questions at pressers and then lashed out at his message board posters wondering why he doesn't?
LOL

Reactions: CyDude16

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Next year we will be an NCAA bubble team. This is assuming we pick up an impact transfer like I believe we will. The following year, tournament team for sure. But so much can change between then and now. Iowa is at their peak, but they have 0 help coming. After Garza is gone it's back to a dumpster fire. All this year did is buy Fran more time. That's good for me!!
Others say Prohm is gone if no NCAA tourney next year.

• Disagree
Reactions: adjl

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think it all depends on the context of the season. If we fall apart near the end and miss the tournament because of that, maybe he gets fired. If we struggle but start coming together towards the end and there is obvious improvement but we barely miss the tournament, I'm not sure firing Steve would be the best thing if there is something there.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Next year we will be an NCAA bubble team. This is assuming we pick up an impact transfer like I believe we will. The following year, tournament team for sure. But so much can change between then and now. Iowa is at their peak, but they have 0 help coming. After Garza is gone it's back to a dumpster fire. All this year did is buy Fran more time. That's good for me!!

That is certainly an...optimistic...view of our future. We were 12-20 and we aren't exactly returning an abundance of talent next year.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think it all depends on the context of the season. If we fall apart near the end and miss the tournament because of that, maybe he gets fired. If we struggle but start coming together towards the end and there is obvious improvement but we barely miss the tournament, I'm not sure firing Steve would be the best thing if there is something there.

It would undoubtedly be the right move. One tournament appearance (first round loss in a very underwhelming performance) in four years. See yah.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
To me the big difference between Toppin and Garza is usage rage. Garza was used at a much higher percentage than Toppin. I think they are similar players, but Garza's statistical lead is largely due to having more opportunity.

I mean Garza took 530 shots to Toppin's 387, but Patrick is citing PPG figures...
Toppin is the type of player you win championships with. A really high level athlete/talent.

Garza will get you 25 and 10 on a team that goes 20-12. He’s still really good.

That’s the reason Toppin won. He’s the best player in the country.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins and adjl

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
That is certainly an...optimistic...view of our future. We were 12-20 and we aren't exactly returning an abundance of talent next year.
Again, we will need a transfer, but the incoming class is outstanding.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Would be my guess unless he just misses and it's clear that things are looking up. Budgetary concerns after this virus could come into play as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It would undoubtedly be the right move. One tournament appearance (first round loss in a very underwhelming performance) in four years. See yah.
Yes I would probably agree. Realistically though, if we go like 19-11 or something I would doubt that'd leave to a firing.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Again, we will need a transfer, but the incoming class is outstanding.
I don't doubt that you may get a "decent" transfer player but if you're counting on a real game changing impact type player you are setting yourself up for disappointment. A starter but not a 1st or 2nd team BIG 12 type player.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I don't doubt that you may get a "decent" transfer player but if you're counting on a real game changing impact type player you are setting yourself up for disappointment. A starter but not a 1st or 2nd team BIG 12 type player.
We’ll wait to see who they get.

A lot of unknowns for next season.