The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I think the combination of Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are a perfect combination. Dave knows a lot of the cannon and storytelling within the universe; Jon understands how to incorporate that into a story without it being overwhelming cannon wise.

I also like how they told you how large the Star Wars galaxy really is when no one knew what Yoda's powers were. I think a lot of people who watch Star Wars don't understand how rare Jedi really were since there were only about 10,000 +/- at any one time for the entire galaxy. But in actuality, many people in the universe during the prequel area may have only heard of them, but never saw one or knew what they did. Then the Empire came and basically purged all records of them existing, with only the knowledge living on within people's memories thereafter.

I agree on the Jedi, but to the casual fan, Lucas forced the idea of Jedi everywhere in the prequels. I am one of those casual fans and remember thinking, "Wait I thought Jedi were a mystery and here they are all over the place in everyone's business." For such a blockbuster property the story telling in the movies really has been crap since episode VI.

Oh yeah, it was a great episode btw.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
I agree on the Jedi, but to the casual fan, Lucas forced the idea of Jedi everywhere in the prequels. I am one of those casual fans and remember thinking, "Wait I thought Jedi were a mystery and here they are all over the place in everyone's business." For such a blockbuster property the story telling in the movies really has been crap since episode VI.

Oh yeah, it was a great episode btw.

I have no reverence for Return of the Jedi, either. The Ewoks were obviously created to sell toys, and should have been Wookies. Also, having a second Death Star was an uncreative idea, as I have said before. And then making Luke and Leia brother and sister was hacked together and awkward when you see the kissing scene in Empire. The first act in Jedi where Han is rescued had bad pacing issues and wasted a good character (Boba Fett).

I still like Force Awakens as an overall production. It was well-written in terms of how all of the old characters were handled and how the new characters were introduced, had excellent dialog and pacing. I like how Snoke was brought in as an evil Force user without being a Sith. My only beef is with "Death Star III". I think Force Awakens was rushed in development after Disney acquired Lucasfilm, and showed in a few spots, such as that one, but overall is a good movie.

It is obvious that Last Jedi derailed everything. It threw out all of the long-term story ideas that Abrams and the other writers had for the new characters that were introduced in Force Awakens. Rise of Skywalker is a mediocre movie for a lot of reasons, but 99% of them are the fault of Last Jedi and not Force Awakens.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have no reverence for Return of the Jedi, either. The Ewoks were obviously created to sell toys, and should have been Wookies. Also, having a second Death Star was an uncreative idea, as I have said before. And then making Luke and Leia brother and sister was hacked together and awkward when you see the kissing scene in Empire. The first act in Jedi where Han is rescued had bad pacing issues and wasted a good character (Boba Fett).

I still like Force Awakens as an overall production. It was well-written in terms of how all of the old characters were handled and how the new characters were introduced, had excellent dialog and pacing. I like how Snoke was brought in as an evil Force user without being a Sith. My only beef is with "Death Star III". I think Force Awakens was rushed in development after Disney acquired Lucasfilm, and showed in a few spots, such as that one, but overall is a good movie.

It is obvious that Last Jedi derailed everything. It threw out all of the long-term story ideas that Abrams and the other writers had for the new characters that were introduced in Force Awakens. Rise of Skywalker is a mediocre movie for a lot of reasons, but 99% of them are the fault of Last Jedi and not Force Awakens.

watched TFA this week again and it still holds up. JJ was on to something. It’s really too bad they couldn’t get him for all 3.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Finally had time to finish after getting back from the bowl game. All I can say is WOW, awesome show and awesome finale! If this is the future of Star Wars I am so excited! Put Filone and Favreau in charge of creative direction of the entire franchise. IMO this is the best Star Wars thing to happen since the OT.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

80978456_526641358201957_2235118594499280896_o.jpg

SEASON 3 of the MANDALORIAN “YODALORIAN” The way, this is.

Credit: @urbanshoguncomics

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Couple of Mandalore notes that I think we'll get answered very soon, and that I think explain some of the reasons why Mando and the group he's in are the way they are:

1. Moff Gideon supposedly destroyed Mandalore during the siege of Mandalore in the Clone Wars. That was the original plan for Season 7 of the Clone Wars, which was shelved until now. It's going to air on in February, so I'm guessing that will be the thrust of the show. During the Era of the Clone Wars, there was a splinter group of Mandalorians called Death Watch that wanted to return to the past sort of Spartan, violent ways of Mandalore. It's they that took in Din as a child.

2. He had the Dark Saber, which is the historic weapon of the leader of Mandalore. (It was first seen in the hands of Pre Vizsla, who was voiced by Favreau). I'm guessing if he's the one that destroyed Mandalore he would would have recovered it. It was last seen being given to the one who would resist the empire on Mandalore, Bo-Katan Kryze, about 15 years before the events of the show so I'm guessing Gideon swiped it when he destroyed it.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I honestly thought this would never happen in live action. Partly because of Ashoka's hair/head, would make it hard for action sequences for her.

It will be interesting how they do it. How old would Ashoka be in The Mandalorian? She might not even have much for action sequences.

• Friendly
Reactions: legi

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
It will be interesting how they do it. How old would Ashoka be in The Mandalorian? She might not even have much for action sequences.

She appeared in Star Wars Rebels and looked to be in her young adult years. Rebels taking place shortly before A New Hope. There's also a scene at the end of the series where she appears with Sabine to go and find Ezera. However, it hasn't been told what happened after that scene; hopefully we get a little story of what happened after Rebels.