The Mandalorian (with Spoilers)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I gotta say, this show is awesome. Yeah, it doesn't have much of an over arching plot or story, but I guess I don't see that it is needed all that much. Kind of reminds me of a SW Kung Fu where David Carridean just traveled and got in different adventures every week. Maybe a non-SW fan doesn't find it super interesting, but there are just so many easter eggs and nods to the OT. It's super cool to see.

• Agree
Reactions: NorthCyd and bos

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I gotta say, this show is awesome. Yeah, it doesn't have much of an over arching plot or story, but I guess I don't see that it is needed all that much. Kind of reminds me of a SW Kung Fu where David Carridean just traveled and got in different adventures every week. Maybe a non-SW fan doesn't find it super interesting, but there are just so many easter eggs and nods to the OT. It's super cool to see.

It’s a Saturday Morning cartoon. So refreshing. I don’t require a bunch of subplot and context and all the “is it boba fett or moff mideon” crap in my shows. Every show doesn’t need to be Breaking Bad or that one show with the stranded people that I’ve never watched. It’s just a show that is fun and made for adult kids.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Agreed. It's what TV was before peak TV took over. Ever TV show was an "Adventure of the Week" format. Heck, that's what Star Trek was - they'd go somewhere, there was a problem, they'd solve it, then go somewhere else.

Let's be honest too - If Pedro Pascal actually never takes the helmet off, they could just change actors and keep this going forever.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Agreed. It's what TV was before peak TV took over. Ever TV show was an "Adventure of the Week" format. Heck, that's what Star Trek was - they'd go somewhere, there was a problem, they'd solve it, then go somewhere else.

Let's be honest too - If Pedro Pascal actually never takes the helmet off, they could just change actors and keep this going forever.

Pascal didn't even physically play Mando in one of the episodes already. I think it was the 4th episode where he helps protect the farming village.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I still think you need some kind of overarching plot for the season/series. Does it need to be complex and involving several different characters in the series, no. But I think the season needs to have some kind of story arch. To me, a single story arc of Mando with Baby Yoda and what the empire remnants wanted to do with it would be great. After Mando escaped with baby Yoda, we haven't really moved forward with this. Hopefully the next two episodes go in to more detail here.

I don't mind the individual adventures a week thing, so long there is an episode that moves the season story arc forward. I think the X Files did this, they had some episodes that moved the greater story arc forward, but then some episodes that stood on their own. I would favor the X Files strategy.

Reactions: khardbored

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I still think you need some kind of overarching plot for the season/series. Does it need to be complex and involving several different characters in the series, no. But I think the season needs to have some kind of story arch. To me, a single story arc of Mando with Baby Yoda and what the empire remnants wanted to do with it would be great. After Mando escaped with baby Yoda, we haven't really moved forward with this. Hopefully the next two episodes go in to more detail here.

I don't mind the individual adventures a week thing, so long there is an episode that moves the season story arc forward. I think the X Files did this, they had some episodes that moved the greater story arc forward, but then some episodes that stood on their own. I would favor the X Files strategy.

I think this is a reasonable take. I agree I wouldn't mind a bit more continuity.

That said, I watched Chapter 7 this morning, as my kids had late start so we were going in later. Holy heck it was awesome and I'm incredibly pumped for episode 8.

Reactions: keepngoal

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Read an article that Mattel is super bummed. Disney kept Mandalorian under wraps so much that they had no chance to mass-produce baby yoda products for Christmas.

Can't wait for next episode. Here comes Gus Fring!

• Informative
Reactions: CysRage

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Saw ep 7 over lunch. Super pissed but I have to guess that IG11 will see Kuill and switch to "protect mode".

Also wonder if all of the other Mandos have left yet.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Deborah Chow directed chapters 3 and 7, the two best so far IMO. This REALLY gets me pumped for Kenobi!

• Agree
Reactions: Fitzy

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Episode 7 was awesome. They must not have wanted it to compete with Star Wars ROS so they released it a couple days early? Episodes 4 through 6 seemed to be filler episodes that didn't add a lot but 7 showed light that we are going to learn a lot in the next episode or 2. I am sad to see Kuill go though. "I have spoken".

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Episode 7 was awesome. They must not have wanted it to compete with Star Wars ROS so they released it a couple days early? Episodes 4 through 6 seemed to be filler episodes that didn't add a lot but 7 showed light that we are going to learn a lot in the next episode or 2. I am sad to see Kuill go though. "I have spoken".
Are we sure he's gone? He could have just been knocked out... (fingers crossed, 'cause I like him too!)

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

There are only 8 episodes in the first season, so next week is it.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron